Scars

(Ji Ho's pov)

As time passed by, I felt like my plan will be ruined. Something felt off about the whole plan but I couldn't guess what it was.

Court Lady Oh gave me looks as if she knows everything. She gave me a pity look like she wanted to help. "You'll get married once the sun rises. We'll give you some time alone before preparing for your bed time."

As she left, I squeezed my head with both my hands. "I wish I was with my father." I hugged my knees and sat in the corner of the room.

Soon I heard footsteps coming inside the room. "Ji Eun?" I recognised that voice and my head shot up looking at this person infront of me with big eyes. That person started to speak.

"Looks like you weren't expecting me here." He smiled.

"Of course I wasn't expecting you here. Go away before someone sees you, Baek Ah! Things are already complicated enough." I lowered my head again.

"Will you say the same things to her?"

"Who?"

Baek Ah looked at the door. Hae Soo came inside the room with a concerned look on her face. "Ji Eun-ah, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, Hae Soo. I'll feel better than this if both of you leave."

"I'll warn you when someone comes." Soo nodded and Baek Ah walked out of the room.

"You should walk out too."

"I just want to have a chat with you, Ji Eun. Even if you think that you're saving me with whatever you are doing, just let me talk to you for a little time." I stayed silent and didn't look up at her. She walked upto me and sat beside me.

"You shouldn't have come here, Soo." Soo took my hands on hers. I still didn't look at her. Suddenly I felt a drop on my hands. I looked at my hands and finally at her. "Yah....you idiot, why are you crying?"

"I never had a friend like you, you know. A selfless friend who can go this far just to save me." She shed another tear. "I want to beg you to not do this but now if you turn away, you'll probably get punished by the king and if you run away and get caught, they'll still punish you." She took a deep breathe and continued. "But is it worth it? Why are you doing this for me?"

An unexpected smile came to my face. "Isn't it funny? Your entire life here was portrayed in a TV series. When I finished watching that, the only thing that came to my mind was that it was a relief that it was just fiction. But witnessing it infront of my eyes is scary. No one should live the life you are going to. I'm here to change that."

She didn't speak anything for a second. "Are you telling me that my life here was portrayed in a drama and you know my future here?" I nodded. "How are you going to save me by getting married to the king?"

"It was you who was supposed to marry the king. In order to escape this marriage, you cut your palm to get a scar because a women with scars can't become the queen. You were punished for that and you became a court lady whose life was made miserable by the people here. I'll get married instead of you so none of that will happen."

She chuckled. "Scars. How come you don't have one? You're like the most reckless person in this palace."

"I guess the real Ji Eun did a good job in keeping her body free of scars. If it were the real me then I wouldn't have become a part of this palace."

"Do you think the real Ji Eun wanted to become a queen? No. She's didn't. Areum told me that the real Ji Eun that is you was always scared of responsibilities. She even said that if her future husband would've become a king then she wouldn't want to become a queen. Think of the real owner of the body you are in. She wouldn't have wanted this."

"I can't let you live that kind of life."

"Ji Mong adopted me, Ji Eun. Ji Mong hired me under court lady Oh because of my interests. I'll be able to support myself now. Even if you escape now, the Hae family doesn't have any right to force me into anything.

I was about to say something when we heard footsteps. "You should leave!" Hae Soo handed me a dagger, stood up immediately and rushed towards the door.

She stopped before stepping out. "Think about what the real Ji Eun deserves."

"Hae Soo, let's go." Baek Ah popped up from the door and hissed.

She left leaving thousands of thoughts in my brain. I didn't know why she handed me a dagger.

As soon as she left, Court Lady Oh came inside the room. She glanced at me suspiciously and then glanced at the door. But then she came in without saying anything.

Meanwhile all I could think was of what Hae Soo said. Maybe she was right. Maybe I'm not supposed to do this. I can still get out of here right? Hae Soo is not in trouble anymore. The main aim is already successful. No no no- I got to escape somehow. I should do something.

"Got a lot in your mind?"

"Huh?"

"Is the thought of this wedding stressing you out?" Courf Lady Oh asked with a smile.

"Yes- No!" She chuckled to my answer. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes."

"What is a person supposed to do when they are in a situation they are not supposed to?"

"They should try their best to avoid it while they still can." She said without looking at me.

I was dressed with the red wedding hanbok because the time had come. The time that would decide my future. It was upto me to change it.

"My Lady, we're ready to proceed."

(Author's pov)

Ji Eun hid the dagger given by Hae Soo under her hanbok. She didn't know what help the dagger could do but she was hoping not to use it on anyone.

"Court Lady Oh, can I get a minute alone before we proceed?"

"Yes, my Lady. Please keep it in mind that we can't delay it much."

Court Lady Oh left the room with the other servants to give Ji Eun some space of her own.

A few minutes passed but there was no response from Ji Eun inside the room. Court Lady Oh felt like something wasn't right and she rushed to check on Ji Eun.

But before she could get in the room, she saw Ji Eun coming out of it with a dagger in her right hand and blood on her left arm. Ji Eun lost her balance and fell on her knees right away.

"Lady!" Court Lady Oh ran towards Ji Eun and held her in her arms. "What did you do- Why did you cut yourself?"

Ji Eun gave her a smile. "I-I-....I can't marry the k-king anymore. I have scars now." Her smile wasn't weak. It was a proud smile. "I'm sorry for the trouble but I'm happy now. I've never been so selfless in my life." She was proud because she saved Soo from the Haes in a good way and chose to protect herself too.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey everyone!
I've changed the format of my book a little bit for the ease of reading.
I hope this chapter was okay. But I guess it was kinda boring.
The next chapters will get better.

Also I prefer to read this in dark theme.
Vote for this part if you liked it.

Lastly, thanks to those who have always supported this book and me. Love y'all♡