My Precious Brain

"Lady, you shouldn't have done that. Why did you do this?" My mind had so many questions I wanted to know the answers to including Areum's question. Areum walked me to my room. "Let me clean those wounds. I'll bring the ointment."

"Don't. I'm fine. These wounds will heal quickly. I'll clean them myself."

"But-"

"No. You can go back. I'll take care of my back and wrist." She released a long sigh and nodded her head.

Areum left leaving me on my bed and closed the door. I sat on the bed thinking about everything possible. 'This place is so shitty so are it's people.....Can I ever go back.....I don't wanna end up like Hae Soo....why is my name even Ji Eun! It feels as if I took IU's original name....Argh! This Ji Eun looks exactly like me, fortunately, she's not as pretty as my queen, IU.'

My brain wasn't acting straight. 'Why am I thinking about IU when I can't even think how to escape before I get married...'

I felt like my head would burst anytime if I put more pressure on my brain. 'I should just sleep before I go mad. Great! Now I have to sleep angry.'

Just as I was about to lie on my bed someone knocked on the door.
Knock Knock

"Areum, just go back and take some rest instead of checking on my dumb self." There were knocks again.

"Just get the hell outta here! I don't wanna see anyone right now-"

"Ji Eun. It's me..." It didn't sound like Areum because it was a male's voice.

I stood up and opened the door to see the unexpected infront of me......Baek Ah. He had something on his hands.

"This is the ointment for your wounds. Your servant told me that you didn't  put it on before sleeping. It might sting a little."

"I appreciate your help but no thanks. I don't want it. You may go back, your highness." I bowed and gave him a fake smile. I stretched my hands forward to close the door when he grabbed my left arm.

"What's wrong with you? Let go of my arm."

"I won't. I feel like you always avoid me but....but I won't let you go until you take this ointment." All I could think of was that I'm a trouble myself. Why is he the one to help me?

"I-I don't avoid you." Well, actually I do. But of course I wouldn't say it to his face.

"If you don't then why don't you let me let me in and put this ointment on your back for you." 'What a pervert....'

"It's inappropriate for a man to do that."

"It's not appropriate if you get scars either." 'And since when did I care about scars. Oh wait- it's not my body. Fine...I'll do it for the sake of Ji Eun.'

"Fine. Get in and leave as soon as you're done before someone sees you." I moved aside and he entered with a smile. I closed the door immediately behind him.

"Stop smiling. I still don't want you to even look at my back and you're talking about touching my back." I sat on the bed furiously.

"Don't think of me as a pervert. I'll close my eyes, also I've someone I like. I don't have any ill intentions." He opened the ceramic box with ointment.

"I know. You like Lady Hae, don't you?" His smile faded and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"How do you know about that?"

"Your eyes tell everything when you're with her. You make her happy. I've seen all that." I shrugged as if it's no big deal.

"You're really good at reading people's mind, Ji Eun." My lips formed a line and no words came out of my mouth. That was not true.....I am really bad at reading people's mind. I just watched way too many k-dramas.