sloane nervously chattered as adam moved toward the hornets zone with the puck. she gripped fulton's elbow with one hand and repeatedly hit jesse's forearm with the other as adam stopped and raised his stick to take his shot. she cheered loudly when he scored and distractedly stopped when bombay grabbed her shoulders and motioned for her to take the ice. she turned around, grabbed her helmet and stick, and jumped over the front of the box.

sloane hit her breaks sharply when charlie bent at the waist and let the hornets player with the puck flip over his back. she moved toward the hornets player that picked up the puck and slowed as players on both teams began to fall. she followed the puck around the net and stopped to watch her teammates and the hornets fight over the puck. she speedily grabbed at it when it slid away from the small group of players and turned around. she passed it to adam as he entered the slot and cheered as he scored.

sloane moved forward once the face-off began and guarded the hornet's player in front of her. she watched the puck move back to averman and stuck out her stick in front of the hornet attempting to skate toward him. averman drew back his stick to take his shot and the score siren blared as he made it. she skated over with both hands lifted to high-five him and tapped his helmet excitedly.

sloane moved through the cardinal's zone and watched the puck move around the ice. she slowly moved toward the cardinal player readying to make a pass and rushed forward when he pushed the puck across the ice. she tightened her grip on her hockey stick as the puck hit it and hurried to carry it down the ice. she smoothly maneuvered around a cardinal that skated toward her and continued toward the goal.

she favored the cardinal's goalie's glove side as she closed in on the goal, watching as he dropped his glove toward the ice. she pushed the puck in front of her and pulled her stick back without coming to a full stop. once she caught up to the puck, she swung as hard as she could and raised her arms over her head when the puck flew over the goalie's glove. she spun around and bowed with one arm pressed against her stomach before raising up to do it with the other arm. she smiled as her teammates excitedly shook her shoulders and tapped her helmet. she raised both hands to high-five her teammates as they approached the box.

"didn't know you could make glove shots like that," bombay said to sloane as she stepped into the box.

"me either until just now," she answered while pulling her helmet off with a wide smile.

sloane lunged into motion when the play began and smoothly followed adam once he gained control of the puck. she hit her brakes as he moved around the goal and was knocked down. she pushed her stick in to grab the puck and arched widely as she skated away from the goal. she passed across the ice to averman who passed it back to adam. adam passed it to sloane as she skated past him. she turned around and let momentum carry her backward as she moved the puck around. she pushed it to guy as he moved into the slot and jumped ecstatically as it flew into the goal.

"we're going to the state finals," sloane exclaimed as she stared at guy. "you just sent us to the state finals!" she yelled, pointing at guy before quickly skating toward him. she wildly hit at his shoulders and helmet before wrapping her arms around his shoulders.