We Slay A Buffalo Man

We shared a scary vivid dream that night.

It was on a stormy beach, and two beautiful animals, a black horse and a golden eagle, were going at on the edge of the surf.
We stood there, watching the animals attempting to slaughter each other

"Your true powers.....is starting to manifest, my boy. Sea spawn.....you're unpredictable so your......bond with my son......will be the greatest weapon......you boys can wield." Said the same raspy voice from the weird dream that was a few weeks ago.

"Who are you?" said Percy. The voice chuckled, "I can......not tell you........my name......I can tell......you that I'm........Zari's father.......Your father,  is.......trying to protect...... you......all other questions......will be answered.......in due time"
I froze. My father?!
I was shaking with rage, tears in my eyes, "WHY?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE?!?! WHY DID PERCYS FATHER LEAVE?!!!"
I cried for my mom and Mother. They didn't deserve this life they were living right now. All my uncle from him owed some people money
"We left to......protect......you........I understand your.......rage, but if we stayed........you and the sea spawn would've.........killed"
Percy got a little ticked, "Why do you keep calling me a sea spawn?"

Suddenly the ground rumbled, a dark voice from the cracks of the earth laughing in glee and egged them both on.

Me and Percy both woke up at the same time to a pounding noise that wasn't our hearts this time. It was a storm during the night. But there was something odd about it.

We got our clothes and headphones on, relieved to see it was all just a dream.
The thunder woke up our parents.
"Stupid motherfuckin Hurricane" mutter  Momma. I couldn't blame her. There has never been any hurricanes on Long Island at the beginning of summer.

Over all the storm there was a distant scary animal noise that made me and Percy freeze.

Suddenly a someone started pounding on our door, yelling in a desperate voice.

Mother sprang out of bed in her nightgown as Momma threw open the lock.
Grover stood framed in the doorway against a backdrop of pouring rain. He was.....different

"Searching all night for them," he gasped. "What were too two idiots thinking?" Momma looked at both of us with the Intensity eyebrow as Mother paled from fear, not from Grover, but why he was here.

"Boys!!" Momma said, shouting to be heard over the rain. "What didn't you tell us about school?"

We were both frozen, staring at Grover. Percy started rub eyes. I pinched myself cause I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"O Zeu kai alloi theoi!" he yelled. "It's right behind me! Didn't you tell her?" We were still trying to comprehend what we were seeing so we didn't realize that Grover just cursed in Greek or that we could understand what he said perfectly.
Grover wasn't wearing pants. He had gotten here in the middle of the night without pants. His legs.
They weren't even....
How?!
Mother looked at us sternly and talked in a tone I know she'd never used before: "Both of you. Tell us now!"

We struggled to get the words out cause we never seen her like this, flashes of lightning illuminating her face that was as white as paper

Momma and Mother grabbed their purses, tossed us rain jackets.

"W-what's g-going on?" I stammered.
Momma said, "No time! Get your ass to the car. All of you! Now! "
Grover trotted to the Camaro quickly. Yes I said trotted. Cause he shaking his shaggy legs. Me and Percy looking at each other. He was ruffling his hair out of stress. My eyes were twitching madly.
And suddenly Grover's story about a muscular disease in his legs made sense. How even though he walks with a limp, he could summon the speed of a tiger when enchiladas were on the menu. Instead of feet being where they should, it was cloven hooves