CHAPTER FIVE

"So you're telling me that yesterday was all acting? When you were shivering?" He asked in his frustrated voice.

He also grunged up his hair.

"Yes I did." Rosé replied with her poker face.

"You fooled me, I even told you I'd save you because I thought you were really afraid of everything."

"How do you expect me to trust you easily Park Jimin? Huh? Who knows one day you'll take advantage of me."

"For goddamn's sake, we've been here for days and you still don't trust me?"

"My trust is not easy to earn because once you lose it I am afraid it'll be difficult to get it back."

"You know I'd never let you down and fine...I don't expect you to trust me yet. But all I'm asking is justice for my sister. I am asking for your help."

I thought she was some dumb woman, but I was wrong..she is an amazing one...Jimin thought as he looked at her and she looked at him.

"Alright...I will try my best..that's part of my occupation as a detective." Rosé replied and this time she gave him a reassuring look.

Jimin stayed in the room until the skies were darker.

Both he and Rosé sat on the floor but with mats underneath.

Everytime there is a knock from one of the men, Jimin would only respond. "I'm not yet done with her."

Which only left more suspicions on the leader and the bald guy.

"Park Jimin, are you staying here?" Rosé all of a sudden leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Are you leaning your head on the shoulder of the guy you don't trust?"

Rosé stopped leaning and shot him a death glare.

"I'm just kidding."

"Are you going to stay and sleep here?"

"Of course. I can't go home anymore since it's night."

Jimin stood up and went to take something out from his bag.

"What's that?" Rosé asked.

"It's a starry night projector, something that can lift out boredom."

He turned it on and it's been a long time since Rosé had been enthralled on something.

"Woah, daebak." She muttered as she looked at the starry night projection on the ceiling.

Jimin could only smile.

"Here I also brought snacks and bottled water." He said as he went to take it out from the same bag.

He sat down beside her again and gave her the snacks.

"Thank you Jimin."

"No problem Rosé ssi."

Rosé happily munched on the snacks.

"Tomorrow, I'll do what I can to spy on them. I'm sorry to hear about your sister." She said.

"I thought that I was still going to find her, not until I heard what they said."

After eating the chips, Rosé looked back at the projected starry night skies.

Jimin also looked at them beside her.

"Many thought just because I was a detective, I can't be weak

"Many thought just because I was a detective, I can't be weak..but in reality, I really want to go back out." Rosé spoke about herself.

Jimin looked at her and he could see that her eyes were gleaming due to the light.

"How about you Park Jimin? What are you going to do after leaving this place?" She asked him.

"I don't know what else to do, I feel like I lost a part of me."

"Don't lose hope. Don't become like me."

"Why? What happened?"

"Being a detective is not actually what I wanted to be...I...dreamed to become a designer, but I ignored it due to practical reasons...so please, never give up and keep chasing after your dreams despite the darkness that has engulfed your life."

"Those words are just what I needed, and right here right now, you lessened the grief I just felt in losing my sister." Jimin smiled and looked at her.

"I just want to make you feel that there is hope...."

Jimin was so touched by the words of Rosé that he didn't notice his close proximity to her and so did Rosé.

Rosé couldn't process what might happen next but it looked like he was planning on kissing her.

Yet they both only smiled it out.

Meanwhile outside the room...

"Mr.Ahn, it seems like Mr.Park is going to stay there all night." One of the guys Donghyuk told the leader

"It seems like they have something going on in there." The bald guy said.

The leader looked at their door suspiciously.

"Find another VIP, make sure he has more resources than Mr.Park" The leader said.

Meanwhile back inside the room, Jimin and Rosé laid beside each other.

Jimin hesitated at first but he placed his hand on top of Rosé's head and caressed her smooth locks and then covered her with body with the blanket he brought.

It's you and me against them..we'll get out of here soon..He thought.

•|End of Chapter |•