The Blood Prince and his Pet

100% fully inspired by this artwork by AMAZING artist Emilyena, who has a SpeedPaint of it.

Love her work so much, but this won't be a concept in my novel, I'd much rather use this for a DnD campaign where these are the big bags.

   Ahem, anyway.

    The Blood Prince is a chaos godlike-spirit, born from a royal sacrificed in a twisted ritual making him the thing seen behind the middle figure. His name is Vain, like a blood vain duh, and because of the ritual his mind has been warped and twisted to the point of no return. Now he wishes for the world to drown in blood, and become as twisted as himself.

    So I don't lose the description I'd give players, I'll write it down.

    You find yourself down in the chamber below the blood pool, and hanging from red strings of blood you find the pale, skinny torso of a man. His arms are outstretched and these strings seem to pretrude out of his skin. You see bright red hair that poofs and curls like a glorious mane around a face with features that could only be described as sickly. His eyes so sunken in that all you can make out is a tiny glint of his pupils. Blood seeps down his face, framing a mouth which just hangs open in a small gentle smile. Above him, a glass dome glows red, the pool of blood in the chamber above you, cascading a sinister light onto The Blood Prince, Vain.

     Okay okay, it needs some workshopping. But anyway, onto his little minion.

     A gross little creature, undead in nature and a former priestess of Bastet (another godlike spirit of cats). The creature, simply called Mabo (like Mabo Curry don't ask why), was gifted the Crown of Identity by Vain, giving it a sense of sentience. For this gift Mabo vowed unrelenting, unwavering loyalty to The Blood Prince, his wishes becoming its own. The creature places spies all around the world, in the form of semi-undead cats with humanlike faces. These cats go out and find targets to ensue chaos in the form of psychological attacks. Mass hallucinations, or smaller mishappenings which can lead into other deadly outcomes. As Vain grew weaker, Mabo wanted nothing more than to breathe life into it's master once again. So with it's little spies in place it manipulated the races to form a cult around blood magic and sacrifice.

   As the cult grew, so did the resources and ambitions of Vain and in turn, Mabo. They amassed a few powerful minions, who would become the lesser enemies in the campaign. I've got a small cast somewhere from an old campaign I can dig up and repurpose.

    Should any player become dead dead, I will be using a reanimated version of them in a battle to spice the narrative. I like my DnD with a side emotional damage ¯◡¯

    Hehehe anyways, I don't actually have players for such a campaign so this will sit on a back burner until such a time. Would totally live stream it too, but again, I don't have players or even a decent streaming setup.