3

James has been blowing up my phone for the last 3 days since he canceled on me and of course I wasn't gonna answer, his actions have consequences. Maybe you guys think I'm being dramatic but like I said I love him so not being able to see him on our schedule days pisses me off.

"Taylor is what I'm doing really that bad to the point where you have an attitude with me?" Taylor came over with a bottle of wine but she was still acting a way towards me "I just don't understand why you let these married men use you"
"
I use them thank you very much a I don't understand how any of this effects you" I said sipping my glass of wine "You deserve better and I don't want you to call me one day in the hospital because you and James went too far"
"It's not that bad " she scoffed "every time you leave him you have a new bruise on your body...you've led me to believe you like getting hit by a man" I rolled my eyes "I don't like being hit by a man okay Taylor, that has nothing to do with it"
"Well love also has nothing to do with it either so" she sipped her wine and just stared at me "You've never been in love Tay or you would know that love makes you do crazy things" she looked at me with a straight face then rolled her eyes.

"I don't know how you can be in love with 2 very married men" I shook my head "No no, I'm in love with one and I love one...big difference" she shook her head and put her wine down "You need to open yourself up and let a man love you, not all guys are like the fucked up ones I have....and I know my relationship with them is fucked but it's my choice to continue it okay...I'm happy sometimes and I don't need a lecture from you every time or else I wouldn't have told you in the first place" Tay annoyed me. Everything she said I already knew because she said it every damn time and I just wanted to be able to vent to my friend without her acting like my mom.

My phone rang and I knew who it was before I even looked at it and just like I predicted...it was James calling my for the 10th time today and it was around 8 pm "He's still calling you?"
"Every day, he cusses me out one day than acts like a lost puppy another day" I handed her my phone so she could look at the text and she scrolled looking surprised and I'm sure it was the threats that surprised her but it was nothing new to me "Oh my god, are you sure he's not bipolar?" I shrugged, I've only ever considered that in my head.

"He just texted you" I grabbed my phone and seen he sent me a picture "Oh fuck"
"What happened?!" I quickly called him and he answered immediately
"James, go home"
I heard his dry laugh letting me know he was pissed
"Nah, now you can call me back?"
"Well when your outside my condo then you leave me no other option"
He didn't respond but I heard a lot of movement and Taylor almost broke her neck at the fact that he was outside, so I got up from the couch and went in the kitchen
"You can't come in here, my best friend is here"
"Kick her out cause you either gonna let me in or I'm gonna break the damn door"
I pinched the bridge of my nose
"And you know if you kick the door down you'll be the one paying for it right"
I heard him sigh
"I'll give you 10 mins"

He hung up the phone and I threw my head back annoyed and secretly excited to see him, I knew he would come up here regardless if Taylor was here or not "Best friend" I said walking in the living room slowly but she sighed putting down her wine glass and grabbing her stuff "You don't surprise me anymore Nic" smacking my lips I walked up to her
"Would you have wanted to stay?!"
"and meet the man that puts his hands on you for  fun?! No thanks" I grabbed her hand before she could leave "Please don't be mad at me Taylor, your my best friend and I love you it's just—"
"Complicated"

She walked out the door and trust me I felt bad but regardless, James was gonna come up here one way or another and he did, 10 minutes later like he said.