"What? Is Si okay? " I moved closer, making sure to focus on hearing what Memphis would say next. "How are things changing?

    "I can't tell you here; there are too many people who could overhear. But, I haven't seen Si. No one has," Memphis' eyes looked around as he took a sip of his drink. "Don't let what happened to my family affect things for you, Sage. You still have a chance."

    I shook my head, the world spinning around me. I couldn't bring myself to fully believe his words. If they threw out Memphis' entire family, would they not just do the same exact thing to mine? My breathing picked up, and I tried to bring my drink back up to my lips to take a sip. It was empty, and then I remembered why I was near the bar in the first place.

Swiveling around, I could spot Mina frantically looking around. Panicked, I said a quick goodbye to Memphis, hugging him one last time before moving as fast as my stumbling body could take me to the bartender.

    It only took a few more minutes before I joined Mina and Moon back on the dance floor with my new drink, taking bigger gulps. My body once again swayed with the music, like no time had passed. Luckily for me, the alcohol was making my mind go all fuzzy, so I couldn't dwell on one thing for too long.

    "She's back," Moon beamed, wrapping an arm over my shoulder. "And she smells like another male."

    "Did someone try anything with you, Sage? I'll beat them up," Mina popped into the conversation, her hands rearing to hit someone.

    To my surprise, Mina and Moon were able to handle their alcohol very well. They had more drinks than me, but they were not nearly as affected by the alcohol as I was. Moon said their fast metabolism allowed them to digest and process the alcohol faster than a human.

    "Noooo," I slurred, trying really hard to collect my thoughts. "Must have been someone at the bar. It was really crowded."

    I was impressed by the lie I gave, making sure to take a drink at the same time so I would be able to avoid eye contact without being too obvious. Mina nodded her head, but she didn't seem too happy about it.

    "Theo is going to kill me," Mina laughed mechanically, finishing off another one of her drinks.

    "I always wanted to be an only child," Moon gleamed while Mina scowled, ready to place her fighting energy on Moon. He put a hand up in defeat. "Ow!"

    "Hey!" I interjected. "Can't we just cover up the scent?"

    Mina looked frustrated. "It doesn't work like that! I'm doomed."

    I gave Mina a soft pat on the back, not knowing how else to comfort her. We continued to dance, Moon and I trying to distract Mina from her impending doom. We stayed at the Alpha's Den for a couple more hours and a couple drinks later.

    The crowd was thinning, but we remained dancing as more and more people decided to call it a night. My body grew sluggish and tired, but I did not want to be the one to call it a night; I was able to keep up with two supernatural beings for the entire night, and I was not about to let it end just because my body was putting up a bit of a fight. Instead, it seemed like Max would be the one to do so.

    Max looked impatient as he walked over to us. His body was rigid, and he moved his head side to side."Alpha, is not pleased with you, Mina. You gave him your word you'd have Sage back at the packhouse at midnight," Max narrowed his eyes.

    "Aaaand?" Mina dragged out the word, leaning on Moon for support.

    "It's well past two AM," Max said in a short tone, as I tried to rub my growing goosebumps away.