my love pt 1.

being a doctor he is, Kim Saram is always not at home. and Dongkyung is aware of that. she is aware of his responsibilities and she has never complained about it to anyone. but of course, as a girlfriend who wants to spend as much time as she could with his handsome boyfriend, it is such an annoyance when she can't be with him. that makes she thinks if she's being greedy.

greedy to be with your own boyfriend. what's so wrong with that?

she sighs. today, once again Saram is too busy to have a date with her. he did apologize many times to her, which makes Dongkyung feels even more guilty when it's not even his fault.

thinking about how Saram whined about him choosing the wrong profession automatically put a smile on her face. she knows he was just whining because they couldn't be together a lot. Saram loves his job as a doctor, she knows that too. because every time he saves his patients, he would tell Dongkyung, all thrilled and happy. but when his patients' conditions got even worse, he would come back home with gloomy face and his cheerful self is all gone.

when that situation comes, Dongkyung doesn't know what to do. all she could do is lend him her shoulders. she would pat his back and comfort him, telling him it would never be his fault. he tried his best, didn't he? she knows he did.

and now she is sitting at her desk in the office, just finished the report that Cha Jooik asked this morning. she had sent the report to him via email, now wondering what she should do afterwork. once again, she sighs.

"what are you sighing very heavily about?" a deep voice passes through her eardrums. she turns her head, only to see Jooik just came back from meeting one of their writers aka Na Jina. It was supposed to be her who should be meeting Jina but of course, Jooik kindly offered to meet her himself.

Dongkyung just shakes her head answering his question. "nothing. just wondering when can i have a date with my boyfriend." she leans back against the chair.

Jooik nods. he too, knows how busy her boyfriend is. that's what is bad about having a boyfriend with that kind of profession. he couldn't say anything to comfort her, not like he knows how to though. so he just walks pass by her and sits on his seat. he opens his laptop and browsing whatever it is that she doesn't have to know.

Dongkyung, having no reply from him then stands up and grabs her handbag. "i'm going home now. and i just sent you the report." she tells him before walking to the door.

Jooik looks up at her for a moment before focusing back on his laptop. "okay. thank you. go home safely."

she smiles a bit and exits the office, taking the bus home as usual. that reminds her of how Saram sometimes would pick her up from the office and send her home, making her widens her smile, missing him even more.

----------

"Tak Dongkyung, you remember you have to meet Dr. Jung at the hospital, right? he needs to sign the continuation contract." Jooik reminds her without looking up.

Dongkyung nods her head. "Yes, of course i remember. I'll get going now." she says and stands up, picking up her stuffs with the contract papers.

"while you're at it, you can meet your boyfriend. I'll let it slide for today." that makes Dongkyung halts abruptly. she just remember now that Dr. Jung works at the same hospital as Saram.

She turns to Jooik and smiles widely. "wah, you said that like you've never met your Na Jina during working hours, huh?" she raises her eyebrows.

"bye." Jooik pays no attention to the fact that she pointed out and just bid her a goodbye. Dongkyung chuckles and walks out from the office.

it takes only 20 minutes from the office to the hospital. just like any other day, the hospital is as busy as it is. and despite her great desire to meet the love of her life, she decided to complete her first task here first. she meets Dr. Jung, who fortunately is free at the moment and she got lucky she doesn't have to wait for him like before.

they discuss and talk for about an hour and Dongkyung immediately asks for permission to leave. the thought of wouldn't be able to see Saram kind of scared her right now. and so when Dr. Jung signed the contract, she quickly gets up, bows to him and exits his room.

she walks around, eyes wildly searching for Saram. words can't describe how glad she is, when her eyes caught Saram walking passed by her but he doesn't notice her.

she was about to surprise her from behind before two nurses talk to him first so she decided to wait for them until they finish talking. but their conversation caught her off guard.

"hey Dr Kim, are you going to meet your girlfriend?" the taller nurse asks while smiling. the other nurse smiles too, she looks like she knows what's going on.

Saram chuckles and nods. "yes, i'm going to meet her now." he replies, making Dongkyung freezes.

girlfriend? isn't it me?

the two nurses chuckle too. "you really should meet her right now. she misses you a lot, you know? she's waiting for you in the room."

Saram nods with a smile. "i will." and they three bid a goodbye before Saram walks away.

Dongkyung, who was excitedly wanted to meet him, just stands there motionless. what she just heard makes her heart drops.

did i hear it wrongly? or does he.....really cheat on me?

the last question she has in her mind suddenly scares her. what if he really doesn't love her anymore? what if all of his 'busy schedule' are just an excuse for him to not to meet her? what if that girlfriend they were talking about is way much better than her? that's why he cheats on her.

for about 10 minutes, she just stands there. lots of questions keep lingering in her mind. when she finally gains the strength to move her body, only then she turns around and walks away, exiting the hospital through the main entrance. the excitement to meet him suddenly fades away, replaced by a heartbreak.