Old Flame

Jungkook's POV

I was greeted with a good morning by my lovely boyfriend, not forgetting his I love you to me since he promised to say that every single morning and he did. Without fail, everyday. It's amazing how he stick to his words. It's rare to find guys like that nowadays. He never fail to warm my heart, everytime he took me out on special dates, he never fail to make me feel butterflies in my stomach.

He's just so wonderful and I couldn't be more blessed than that so today, I decided to get him a ring. I stared down to look at the one he got for me. It's a simple yet sophisticated looking silver ring. The thought that he actually worked and save up money for it, I couldn't be more grateful. I want to return the favor, I may not have much but my savings should be enough to get him a nice ring too. Sometimes I wonder, what have I ever done to deserve such a wonderful guy like Taehyung.

Today's a Sunday, yay to no school obviously. We were both still at the dorm, snuggling up to each other before I suggested us to go shopping. He agreed and we got up to get ready. Yes today, we showered together. Eh hem let's skip the details. I guess you guys will know by now what we will do. Kissing, making out, caressing.. And err yeah you know the rest.

"You look good babe" he commented while fixing his hair. I went over and back hug him "You look hotter" tightening the hug. He then look down and took my left hand examining the ring, "Babe, can I call you my fiancée?"

I let go of the hug and went to wrapped my arms around his neck instead "Of course you can, fiancée" I whispered the last word to his ears which send shivers down his spine.

His smile widened. I love that look. Him giving me a wide squarish grin, funny yet so cute. "If only you can get pregnant" he said. Yes V love kids. "Maybe I can" I joked.

With my arms still locked around his neck, his hands on my waist, our eyes locked, "Jungkook, I don't mean to be cheesy in the morning but once we graduate, I can't wait to get out and spend the rest of my life with you. I know we can't have our own kids but I would love to adopt and start a family. You are my other half, babe. Without you, I'm not whole" his face was serious and his tone firm.

"Look at me, Tae. Look at this ring. This means I'm bound to you for the rest of my life. I'm sure there'll be ups and downs but let's stick with each other through thick and thin. I owe you something and that is to get you a ring" nuzzling his nose and a quick peck before letting go. Leaving the dorm together, hand in hand.

At the mall

We went inside the ring shop, "Pick what you want, love" I took a seat while he scanned around the shop. "This one!" He pointed to a simple silver ring similar to mine, just less classy. I looked at the price tag and I could see that it's cheaper than the rest of the rings here, maybe the cheapest.

Aish that guy really doesn't want me to spend much, even if it's for him. I raised my eyebrow, "You sure?" He nodded with a bright smile on his face.

"Excuse me, miss.. Can I have this ring please?"
"Yes sure wait a moment please"

"There you go, you two are a cute couple by the way" She handed over a pretty looking small bag. I settled the payment and thanked her for such pleasant service. We then head outside, I couldn't wait to see this ring on Tae's finger.

"Tae.." He already held out his left hand giving me a sly smile. I couldn't help but laugh and slowly slide the ring in and down his finger. Perfect fit. We hugged each other and I whispered, "You're officially mine now"

With hands held, we walked around the mall doing some window shopping when suddenly i feel a pat on my shoulder. I turned around and gasped seeing that familiar face after years. I was so shocked I quickly let go of Tae's hand and I could see his disappointed yet pissed face from the corner of my eye.

"Hello Jungkook. Long time no see" a tall guy with shaved sides and black hair stood infront of us.

It was none other than my old flame, Kim Namjoon. The guy I used to love a couple years back. My first love. We lasted pretty long before I found out he cheated on me with another bitch. Despite that, I forgive him and I admit my feelings for him prolonged even after our break up.

Not until I entered college and met Taehyung. Things slowly start to change, Tae was nothing but now he's everything to me. Even so, why am I so stunned to see Namjoon standing infront of me, shouldn't I be angry? Oh yeah right, his forgiven. Sigh i guess that's a disadvantage for being soft hearted. You forgive people easily yet it's difficult to forget.

His presence shot me back to the past and I even let go of taehyung's hand. What is wrong with you, Jeon Jungkook? There's no way you'll still have feelings for that idiot Namjoon.

"H-hello" I muttered back.

"Jungkook, let's go" Taehyung pulling me away but I don't know why I stay rooted there. He then continued saying, "Listen here, Jeon Jungkook, I don't know who the hell that tall guy is but whoever-"

Taehyung got cut off mid sentence by Namjoon. "Im his ex lover, Jungkook's first love" his tone confident, arms folded. Taehyung scoffed and I was still stuck in the centre. I was too darn speechless to even mutter a word out.

"Jungkook" Tae called out and I turned to face him. He brought up his left hand to level with my eyes. He demanded I do the same, gripping my hand and lined it up next to his before he continue,

"See those rings, it means we are bound to each other. Why are you so dumbfounded? So what if he's your ex lover? Shouldn't you just feel nothing and walk off? Why is it so difficult, you tell me. You even let go of my hand, why so? Are you afraid your first love knows that we are together? Even so, shouldn't you be happy? Unless all these while I'm not the source of your happiness. Your actions contradict your words. Forever and always, my ass. Tsk" he took off his ring and placed it on my hand. Tears streamed down my cheeks but I am at fault. I could sense the sadness in his tone despite being mad, tears collecting in his eyes which he held back as hard as he could but a tear flowed down his cheeks and it hurt me even more.

I guess I should let him go, set him free. I don't deserve someone as good as him but sigh..

He added on, "Don't bother trying to coax me back at the dorm. I'm packing my bags and leaving. Don't even bother chasing after me. Now that I return the ring to you, we are no longer bound to each other. I'm done. Goodbye, Jungkook"

********************************
A/N: Hey guys! I apologize for the late update and sorry if this chapter sucks. A few more chapters left to go!

Xoxo,
A.