"I understand, he'll be a corpse soon, and he'll join his wretched parents." His response to Denara shocked me, how could he have known my parents, they were barely part of the pack. "Good, I expect you to return soon, we found one that needs breaking." Denara asserted before the memory started fading away, and as the chill on my skin came, it told me, whatever Torrez was going to be breaking, was a child. Flashes of his memories blur in front of me, as I see myself in his eyes, how I spun back and dodged the car completely, it made me gasp slightly, Torrez was the one who tried to kill me. I regained myself and forced myself deeper into his being. "No please, leave my wife alone, she's done nothing!" I knew that voice, dad.

The memory became clear just as the emotions all around it, my father was tied down on the floor of our apartment, we had lived there for almost five years, the one place my parents decided to settle after years of going from one place to another. "Please no!" He begged as Torrez raised my mother from the floor with his shifted hands, in an instant he tore out her throat. "Mom!" I screamed but there was nothing, no one could hear it, it was just a memory. "No, my love, no!" My father writhed in pain on the floor, as his mate fell to the floor in a dull thud, I sobbed with him, I never knew how they died, my grandmother had tried so hard to keep me away from it. "You thought we wouldn't find you, you should have kept running." Torrez stated with a glint of satisfaction as he saw my father sobbing in pain, ripped away from him in such a cruel way.

"Just get it over with, at least my Carter is safe from you." He finally replied as he knew he was going to die, he was ready for it. "Dad." I whispered seeing him as resolve took hold in his eyes, Torrez didn't waste time killing him as well, a deep chuckle escaping his lips. "Your son is worthless, that's why he's safe." He muttered just as the memory faded, my gift manifested later in life, it's why they never came for me, I was just an ordinary wolf. My wolf howled in my mind, bringing me back to a state of tranquil peace, I still had to find out about the kids and why Denara was taking them. "You must understand, one can never have too much power."  Denara mumbled as she finally became clear, the face to the voice that spoke all this time and I couldn't believe it was her.

"So you'll do anything for it." Torrez challenged and she chuckled lowly. "Why yes, I would, these gifted kids  once broken they will be obedient, and odentient soldiers are much less likely to stab you in the back, think about it, they have the potential to develop those blue blood gifts, and if trained right, we would only need set them loose on anyone we wanted and they would do what we desire, less casualties and less complications, I've also been looking for a certain gene in all of them, and I feel soon I will find it." She explained her plan as Torrez listened intently to her words. "Wolves can naturally heal faster but if I can find a truly matured blue blood with a fully activated gene, I could harvest it, and we could have power to overthrow any alpha." She finally concluded as my mind went back to the warning written in the books, that's exactly what she was attempting.

"What about the Defray?" Torrez asked and she hummed. "His grandmother is dead, and he's chasing shadows, let him be for now, if he comes too close, I will deal with him, just like his precious grandmother." Denara replied with a sly smirk as I felt my bloodlust spike, she was the cause of this, she was the reason my family had been torn apart, all because of power and greed. "Understood, Irina is dead, I have to go tie a loose end before he starts talking." Torrez informed the woman who nodded back just as the memory faded, so it was all her with Torrez enforcing her plans, but how was he so injured, as my mind churned my wolf howled again alerting me of the time I had spent under, I had to get out soon and that's when I saw it, the way into the facility and the way out without being detected.

"You killed my wife!" Seth yelled just as he pushed Torrez off a cliff near the pack boarder, that's how he was so badly injured, Seth was the loose end but Torrez had been overpowered by the beta, finally I let go of the warrior. Wiping away tears that had fallen when I saw my parents, I looked to the warrior wolf, he didn't deserve to live, so I chose to take him out of his misery, finding the perfect needle I took the vial and emptied its contents into the needle, I had no time to feel sorry, or hesitate, I jabbed the needle straight into his chest  right where his heart was. He desrved to feel the pain, but he also deserved the death that came with it.

I watched as the warrior shook, his mouth foamed as his muscles spasmed, it wasn't long till he shook for the last time, and he finally faded away, I walked out of the room intent on two things, I was going to free those children, and kill Denara. It was time to call for backup.

+++

Saint_Jay