Poppy

He used to be able to tell what kind of weather there would be on any given day. In fact, he used to influence the weather systems, and he could keep even the worst of natural disasters from happening if he wanted to. Sure it was convenient, but its predictability easily got old. 

However, now that he was human and besotted, not to mention a father to be, it seemed to be an opportune time to have such nifty superhuman skills so he could always make sure that his wife would be safe during the course of her pregnancy

Nothing could compare to the kind of joy and excitement that the news had brought him, except maybe for the amount of disproportionate trepidation that perpetually loomed over his head.

Well, his wife was clumsy and bringing an umbrella was not something she was accustomed to. 

"The rain isn’t a big deal. Even if you’re the only one without an umbrella, it’s fine. Just get wet. Get wet and run. You'll be home soon."

Oh how he wanted to take those words back now

Oh how he wanted to take those words back now. More than that, he was constantly worried about a particular thing:

Am I fit to be a parent? What kind of father would I be? Do I deserve to be a dad? 

Those questions had bothered him day and night since he found out on Christmas Day that Dong Kyung was 2 weeks pregnant. It had been about three weeks since and until now, they had been keeping it a secret from their family and friends, because DongKyung believed in the superstition that they should wait until she was well into the last phase of the first trimester before making an official announcement. The dutiful husband made every effort to make sure that their precious secret was thoroughly kept.

Booking their first prenatal checkup in secret had probably been the easiest task he ever had to accomplish this whole time since he had made a few acquaintances in the hospital now that he was a real doctor. 

And now as they sat together in the clinic, the gynecologist advised them to prepare for the changes that would come with the pregnancy. 

"Expect a lot of changes particularly cravings, aversion to certain foods and scent, mood swings –"