Mari sighed as she got up off the barstool at the island, making her way out of the kitchen and to the front door. "I know, I know. Bye, love you." She rushed off the phone after hearing another knock. Cheyenne could go on for hours and she really wasn't trying to hear that right now.

Mari unlocked the black wooden door to find Samiron standing there holding Sani's hand. Her eyes darted between the two, just admiring how similar their facial features are. Sani was too busy clutching his brand new lime colored plush dinosaur to notice his mom but when he finally did a huge smile spread on his face.

"Ma!" He beamed, letting his dad's hand go and flinging his small body at Mari. She chuckled and scooped him up in her arms. He'd only been away from his mom since last night when she finally caved and let him stay over Samiron's house for the first time, but Sani still acted like it had been weeks and not hours since he last saw her.

"Hi my baby," Mari peppered kisses all over his chubby cheeks, "did you miss me?" She pulled her head back to look him in the face, already knowing the answer to her own question. Samiron tucked his hands into the pocket of his white Off-White hoodie and smiled at the two.

"Of couwse I miss-ed you." Sani wrapped both arms around her neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I hope you were good for daddy." She gave him a knowing look.

"Mhm!" He nodded before looking at Samiron, "I good, wight da?"

"Yea he was." Samiron nodded and smiled at him before turning his attention towards Mari and continuing to stare as usual. There was no ignoring or brushing off his stare, and Mari could practically feel his eyes studying every inch her face as if it was the first time he'd ever seen her.

Thank god my momma isn't here, Mari thought to herself, knowing Cheyenne would've made a smart comment about his staring. Cheyenne always used to tease Mari about the way Samiron looks at her. She swore up and down that he always looked at her like he'd seen heaven for the first time, even when Mari wasn't even paying attention, and Cheyenne found that adorable.

Mari stepped out of Samirons way and motioned him into the house. As soon as he stepped in the smell of his Dior Sauvage cologne instantly filled the air around her and Mari had to close her eyes and take a deep breath — the unlucky coincidence that both him and Savior wore the same cologne.

Mari set Sani down and closed the door, suddenly feeling naked even though she was wearing shorts and a black SKIMS cotton rib tank top. She always felt so vulnerable around Samiron considering they used to be extremely intimate, and now theres an awkward energy hanging between them. Mari pushed those thoughts to the side and looked down at Sani who was trying to get her attention.

Samiron nodded at him to speak, a little smirk pulling at his lips. "We get you some-ting." Sani smiled at his mom. Mari shared her son's smile and cocked her head to the side expectantly.

Sani handed his dad the dinosaur toy and held his arms out. Samiron chuckled and moved his arms from behind his back to reveal a large bouquet of red and white roses. "Here mama," Sani took the bouquet and held it out for her. Mari's mouth dropped open and she gladly bent down to retrieve the roses from Sani who could barely carry them.

"You're so sweet! Thank you, baby boy." She kneeled down and used her free arm to hug Sani while kissing his cheeks over and over.

"You welcome." He smiled and kissed her cheek back.

"Damn so he gets all the credit?" Samiron teased, making a small chuckle escape from Mari as she stood up. The slight blush on her cheeks boosted Mir's ego and he felt all warm inside. As long as she wasn't yelling or cussing him out, he would take whatever sweet gesture Mari would give him.