Ch-27: Bullets and Sirens

Start from the beginning

My right hand got in contact with something cold, but it was soft and very tiny. The sense of touch was very familiar because I was sure that I had touched it a million times before.

It was Lydia.

Although I was godamn sure that it was her, I still asked for confirmation, whether it was actually her. After she replied in affirmation, I realized that my instincts were no less than that of a werewolf, when it came to remembering Lydia's physical details.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!!!", Lydia screamed...

Scott immediately covered us with his body trying to protect us if something was gonna attack us.

The blonde guy then freaked out and started shouting out of the blue. He seemed to have had a mental breakdown.

"This is just a minor electrical disturbance. So, EVERYONE, STAY CALM!" I heard my dad's voice reach my ears within a five-foot distance from me.

Then there was a tremendously sharp and loud sound, from a source that I was unaware of, and then I heard a low thud of something or someone, fall to the ground. It took me less than seconds to realize it was a gunshot.

"DAADD!!!!!"

I remember myself roaring like an idiot, as I completely freaked out.  

Oh no...did I just lose my dad? 

"DAAADD??"

I'm gonna lose my mind if this happens...Oh no...

Then there was another shot...What was happening? this is so wrong...Scott groaned behind us in pain, he was shot.

Was it my dad that got shot?

"DAAADDD??"

Oh No!! I don't know what I will do...I'm gonna lose my mind...I'm gonna lose everything...

"STILES? I'M ALRIGHT....ARE YOU OKAY?"

My dad's voice came back in high energy, which made me confirm it wasn't him who was shot, but I was still panicking knowing that someone except Lydia and Dad had been shot inside the room.

"I'M OKAAYYY...I'M OKAYYY..." I screamed.

Then there was the third shot...and I heard Lydia groan in pain. 

"LYDIAAA!!!! NO!!!!" I roared in fury.

The lights came back in a snap, along with the sound of a car engine start-up somewhere near the station.

The images I saw were still blurred, but I was relieved to see that dad was alright.

He and two other officers were running towards the entrance, with their guns ready to fire up, assuming the suspects were making an attempt to flee.

My eyes took a few seconds to adjust, and then when they finally did, my eyes froze at the dead body of that blonde guy, lying on the floor. There was dark red blood spilled all over the floor, which was dripping down from his forehead. It was an accurate headshot, right in the forehead, in the middle of his eyebrows, though I don't remember any laser lights being pointed when the lights went out.

When I was lost in my own mind, trying to process what just happened I felt Lydia's hands break free from me in a rush. 

Wait...Lydia was shot as well...she was right after all.

She hurriedly raced towards the door with her right hand covering her left one which was bleeding. She got shot in the hand. blood was dripping from her arm as she left behind trails of blood drops on the floor.

"LYDIA...WAIT!!!!"

I followed her immediately, without further analysis or thinking.

Scott was shot as well. I remembered.

The scene outside wasn't so good either.

Scott and Malia were almost a hundred meters distance from us, gradually slowing down their athletic sprint. I could see them place their hands on their knees. They were heavily panting and were out of breath. 

Malia's arms were on Scott's back, red stains of blood oozing from his back, he was shot in the back while he was trying to cover us. IT wasn't the first time he saved my life. He took a bullet for us again and still didn't hesitate to chase the culprit immediately just for helping my dad, I felt genuinely upset about that.

The car they were after, had already left like a ricocheting bullet, leaving them far behind from even getting close to it.

"All units, this is beacon county sheriff's station. We have shots fired, one man down. Possible suspects are in a black vehicle, heading downtown. Initiate vehicle pursuit and send medical assistance immediately!" I could see dad yell on the radio pinned to his uniform, on the other side of the road while the other two officers rushed their way towards their car, like obedient children.

In that gloomy and bleak night, graced by the ever-present stars and moon, came a pronouncement of sirens amid the bright streetlights, a declaration that the police force was in pursuit of a suspect.

--XXX--

A/N:

I am thankful and grateful to all those generous people, who were with me from the very beginning of the story.

It was none other than your positive reviews that helped me get through my difficult times and make some time for writing the story.