Ch-27: Bullets and Sirens

Start from the beginning

"Stiles...", Lydia's eyes locked on mine when i turned my face towards hers.

"Yeah..?"

"Stiles..", Lydia didn't seem okay. Something was wrong.

"Lydia...are you..are you okay?", I asked, while slowly walking towards her.

"Stiles, I have a bad feeling .." She said.

"Bad feeling about what?"

"About us... being in this place.." those words gave literal goosebumps on my skin.

"well...how bad is it? are you saying we should leave?"

"I don't know Stiles...I don't know..." she seemed genuinely upset about something.

As soon as two police officers came running and grabbed his shoulders firmly, he started freeing himself from them, as if he was trying to break free from a trap. At last, he was able to pull free from their grip, pretending that he was sorry for behaving like that to Malia.

No offense, but he actually was a huge dick, or at least behaved like one.

It was not just Malia, but also me, who had the strong urge to punch his face hardly.

One of the door hinges creaked open and finally, the Sherriff came out. I mean, my Dad came out of the door. The instant I saw him, I felt like a huge rock just dropped off from my shoulders, and that wasn't the only time that I felt this way.

I guess, a part of me probably wanted to run its way towards him and give him a long-lasting and embracing hug, but the real part was still back there, frozen, confused about what to do next.

"Calm Down...What's going on?" he made his way towards the scene.

It felt like all pairs of eyes in that room were staring at him. His voice had an unusual level of confidence. They were extremely soothing but casual and made us believe like none other almighty God was speaking to us.

An officer started speaking and explaining the scene to him. Things started to feel a little positive then, Malia seemed to have cooled off a bit, the guy seemed to have learned some manners and Dad was trying to understand what was going on there.

When the officer was almost done, I had started preparing myself for making my way towards dad. Finally, when he was done explaining, my feet made their way towards him.

But what happened after that was out of nowhere.

All the lights, inside and outside the room went off in seconds leaving a total of three police officers, one Sherriff, three suspects, and two guys in casuals completely clueless.

It was just dark.

It was completely dark everywhere my eyes went, no traces of torchlights, even no beams of streetlights were visible from outside the windows. Something was certainly uncanny about that, as cutting off the power lines to a Sherriff's station is almost like an 'it-never-happens' thing.

I was sure everyone's first instinct was to take support from the inanimate objects lying around them. I felt my left hand reach the edge of a wooden table, after which I heard a high note of Lydia's voice.

"STILES!!!!" 

"LYDIA??" I screamed out in terror, did something happen to her?

"STILES..someone's about to die..."

"What?? ARE YOU.."

"What the fuck is she saying?" That man screamed in fear.

"JUST SHUT UP YOU ASSHOLE!!", Malia screamed back at him before I could say something.