ch-15: Rain Drops and Intoxications

Start from the beginning

He was the sweetest melody in my eyes and ears. I could wrap myself up in his goofy words and sleep more soundly than a baby. I guess that was the meaning of attraction but it felt so deep as if this were the start of a song that played on and on, something so soothing to my soul.

"I missed you too Lydia...." He said, "...I missed you too..." Just by knowing this guy, I felt like I became my true self, gaining the strength and confidence I needed to let my true colors shine through so brightly.

Small beams of light coming from his back, complimented his ripped physique, his cheekbones, I could see a small amount of scruff on his face, and veins from his side neck.

I could almost see his side abdominal muscles inside his drenched black t-shirt, and the veins on his arms pop out as he rubbed off the water off him.

"If you keep looking at me like that..." he came closer to me, "I swear to god, I'll pass out."

Before the silence could blanket us again, my legs moved and I scooted towards him and hugged him, trying to wrap my soul with him. I felt it as he wrapped his cold and wet arms around me in a moment and I let my head rest upon his chest.

All my thoughts stopped as if my heart took over from my head when we were close.

Next, he squeezed as if he needed to check I was really there with him, really there and really real... and I was, body and soul.

I doubt anyone else ever felt the way I do about being in his arms, it was purely magical, I forgot about everything, It was just me and him, at that moment.

He pulled apart and stared at my eyes as if he was gazing through my soul. Those hazel green eyes were the ones I was dying to see for so long.

Stiles came close. He ran his hands on my hair curls, not fast but slow. Sending the electricity I needed to jump-start my heart.

He Let his body cover my skin. To be in his arms is love, safety, and passion too. It is how he brought me back to life, revived what was lost, restored what was shattered.

"That felt so good. But I don't know why you're giving me the silent treatment. It's kinda making me numb from the inside."

"No more silent treatments then.." I broke into a satirical smile,

"Is this your bike?" I tried peeping from above his shoulder, although it was hard to do so because he was very tall.

"umm...More or less," He replied in a tone of guilt.

"More or less...?" I smiled at his confusion, "More more or less?"

"Probably more less..." he replied in a moody tone.

"It's not your bike," I said.

"Yeah..." he scratched his ears, his face turned red in embarrassment, "yeah. it's not my bike. It's actually someone else's... You know...I had to...umm...borrow it for today, cause the jeep is with Scott." He replied in affirmation, in less than milliseconds.

"Stiles, why do you sound so freaked out? Everything is okay, right? Are you okay?" I asked.

"what?" he asked, absent-minded.

"I asked if you were alright?"

"yeah...yeah...I am... totally fine. I mean. Absolutely fine." we broke from an unbreakable chain of deep and passionate bonds from each other. I noticed something turned him off for a second, but I didn't want to extend it right now, not at that moment.

"Scott must have called you before me, right? For this insane mission that is supposed to do?"

"Yeah, he did actually. Lydia..."

"yeah?"

"I wanted to say this but I don't know...I don't ...uh...I don't feel like doing these anymore sometimes," he faced down at his fingers and kept making random motions, "Sometimes...I wish maybe if Scott was never bitten you know...none of these...literally nothing would have happened. Maybe you could have just done your thing and I could complete my FBI course in time. Maybe then we could have had a normal life...All these times, even if after we left Beacon Hills, we keep pulling ourselves back,"

"Hey..hey..hey.." I placed my hand on his face, feeling the sharp edges of his jawbones cast my skin, "Stiles, It's completely okay for these kinda thoughts to come, but at the same time, think about it as a whole, everything that happened had a purpose, we tried to do...I mean..we started to do this together, with Scott, Sure, we had our good and bad times, but every single thing that happened was crucial to what we are today.."

"yeah.." he smiled, "You are not wrong..not wrong at all."

"See? I mean...sure, leaving Beacon Hills was a good decision for all of us. If we stayed back and kept doing the same things over and again, life would keep pulling us back to where we were, just like you said but I would've never gotten to the MIT, you would've never gotten into the FBI training, Scott could've never earned his place in UC Davis and Malia could never know what life was beyond fighting mythical creatures every day if it weren't us dealing with our past. And at the same time, Liam would've never known the costs of being a leader and Mason would've never known how important of a sidekick he was to the leader. As a whole? Everything happens for a reason, judging them to be good or bad is just a matter of time..you know what I mean,"

"yes...I know what you mean, Lydia Martin," He smiled back, this time a wider smile. And he came close and placed a soft kiss on my forehead, symbolizing how much we meant to each other. I felt my ears turn a little hot after that.

After a prolonged discussion of whether to enjoy the bliss of the monsoon and ride under the rain on his bike, on our way back to Beacon Hills he gave his jacket, which was hanging on his bike, to me so that I didn't catch a cold from the rain.

He did that after delivering the 'do you trust me' line. Super cliche, it was.

Poor guy must have spent the last night researching about how to impress girls. Little was he aware, that those lines were counter-productive on me.

Stiles grabbed my only single suitcase without any effort, but still managed to make the wiry muscles in his arms stand out. My eyebrows flew up, (involuntarily...I guess.)

"What?" he asked, noticing an element of surprise on my face.

"No. It's just..." I swept my hair over my ears, feeling my cheeks turn red over his question. "I thought I saw something on your arm. I guess...It's probably a shadow." I said, turning my eyes towards the main entrance of our hostel campus, to distract him.

***