008 :: LITTLE BRO.

Start from the beginning

"I changed my mind, Aaron." Sean told his older brother, "I got this job offer to work at this restaurant in New York. It's not as chef, but it's under the right one. So, I can learn from him."

"What are you talking about?"

"I made up my mind." Jennie's uncle shrugged, as the teen could feel the tension build up in the room.

"Sean, you've always wanted to be a lawyer." Aaron spoke, acting slightly confused. But both Jennie and Sean knew he was slightly more disappointed , rather than confused. "Just like dad, just like me."

"And look what it got dad, huh? Heart attack at 47." Sean commented. Jennie was now shifted her weight from foot to foot, out of discomfort.

"Well, I think I'm doing okay." The older brother told him, his voice a bit more quieter, "Look, if it's about being in New York, NYU's got a great law school. Columbia, Fordham─"

"I-I don't think you're hearing me."

"All I'm asking you to do is think it through. You know?" Jennie's father's voice got louder, "The logical thing is for you to go to Georgetown."

"I have to trust my instincts!"

"Look, Sean, it's typical for someone who lost his father at a young age─"

"You know what? You're not him." Sean reminded Aaron, the tension within the room going through the roof.

Aaron has silent for a moment, before sighing, "Then why are you here?"

The younger brother's jaw clenched, "Y'know what, I don't know. But at least I got to see my niece. At least I know someone in the family is actually supportive of this decision."

"Oh, c'mon, Jennie thinks you're crazy." Aaron told Sean.

"Jennie thinks if it's what makes me happy, then I should do it!" Sean raised his voice.

"And Jennie is standing right here, but sure, let's keep speaking for her." The teen spoke up. Her comment caused a glare from her father to come her way, as he followed his younger brother out of his office.

"Sean, listen to me. All I'm saying is you're 25 years old, and it's─"

"You know what? Don't profile me, Aaron!" Sean pointed at the man, before walking away from everyone's sight. Jennie could see surprised looks on Elle, Penelope, and JJ's faces.

As Sean walked away, Jennie's eyes were wide, letting another comment slip out of her mouth.

"Yikes. The girls are fighting, again."

Aaron looked back at his daughter once more, still unamused from her commentary. Jennie had processed what she said again, slowly clapping her hand on her mouth, "Sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me today."

The man had to refrain from giving an annoyed expression at his daughter, before walking back into his office.

───

            AFTER her father had got on the jet to work on his latest case with the team, Jennie had taken a bus to the restaurant Sean was working at, feeling bad for her father's disapproval towards his work.

The teen placed her coat on a chair near the counter, looking up at the menu displayed above the cash register, "Ooh, you have cinnamon rolls here?"

Sean, who had his back turned from the table, as he stood in front of the counter, turned around, "JenJen? What are you doing here? Did your dad send you?"

"No, he's out working a case with the team." Jennie told her uncle, "I just want some food. Plus, I have homework to do, and I thought I could just do it here until I have to leave."

Sean had let out a small chuckle, and the conversation between the two fell silent for a moment.

Jennie then had finally sighed, looking up at her uncle, "You know he's just doing this because he cares about you, right?"

Sean moved to glance to the teen, pushing himself off of the counter, "I'm not having this conversation with his teenage daughter."

Jennie let out a jokingly offended scoff at his words, causing the two to share a laugh. When they fell silent again, the teen spoke up once more, "I'm serious. If─If Jack spent his whole life trying to be a lawyer, but then one day─ came up to me and said Hey, jokes on you, i'm going to be a plumber now, I would─"

"You would react the same as him?" Sean asked, when Jennie trailed off.

The teen sighed, "Okay. I wouldn't go about my dad's approach, with the yelling, and all of that. But, I would make sure that he's 100% sure this is what he wants, and what makes him happy. My dad─ he doesn't show his emotions like what we're used to. He's just trying to look out for you. That's the older sibling instinct."

Sean only stared at the teen for a moment, staying silent to take in what she had said. He finally then sighed, before cracking a small smile, "Hey Jennie? You ever consider being an actual kid, rather than a wise old man?"

Jennie rolled her eyes, before the two broke out into a laughter. Sean then made his way into the kitchen, which was visible from where Jennie was sitting. He looked at her, with a raised eyebrow.

"So─ cinnamon rolls?"