Chapter 16 - Z : Yellow

Start from the beginning

"But you did think about me?"

I nodded my head.

"Dreamt of soft tiny hands, fireworks and the ocean few times"

He smiled playing with his fingers.

"My hands aren't tiny, there are only a jelly bean smaller than yours" showing the tiny length of a jelly using his fingers.

I mimicked his hand gestures. He hid his face in embarrassment.

I laughed.

"I thought you were an Alien"

He thinks like me!

"Feels like one on many days"

"How so?"

"Like I don't fit"

"Maybe you are one, just don't know it yet" he sweetly tilted his head, intently looking at me.

Anybody would have laughed at me but not him. He took me seriously.

"Do you reckon it's possible?"

"Why not" he shrugged his shoulders "Didn't Superman got left on earth as a baby"

"Yeah!" I did think I was like Superman sometimes. Harry was so smart.

"How old are you?"

"6 and you?"

"Just turned 8"

"When was your birthday"

"12th January"

"Mine is coming up on the 1st of Feb, I will be 7 then, I am getting my own room" He informed with pride.

"that's fantastic" He nodded.

He started swinging on the chair.

"You should come to my house" His expression was very serious.

"okk" I mumbled. I had never done that before, never went to my friends' house by myself.

He grinned from ear to ear.

"My first guest to my new room"

"You are the first one in here as well" I told him.

He was fully rotating in the chair now.

"Why didn't you invite anyone" I stopped playing with the cahir and looked start in my eyes.

I bit my lips. I didn't feel like lying to him. It didn't reduce the embarrassment.

"I don't make friends easily," I confessed after a long pause. Others would have said something to fill the silence but he gave me time.

"That's not true" He jumped off the chair, took my hand and played with it while sitting on the rug.

I was surprised by his gesture though decided not to take my hand away.

"You are different" I confessed.

His face lit up; he liked the idea of being different from others. Special.

He kept playing with my fingers and waited for me to elaborate.

That wasn't going to happen, I had already shared too much.

"I always thought bunk beds were cool," He mused after a while.

"You want go up there?"

"Can I, that would be so cool"

"Sure, all yours" I threw my hands in the air.

He climbed up like an expert monkey.

"Come on" he shook his head and pushed his hairs to the side. I had a stupid urge to touch them.

No! not going do it.

"I am ... afraid of heights"

"You have never seen your room from here"

"Nope"

"that's insane, I will give you a hand, come up, pretty please"

He made his shiny blue green eyes big and pursed his lips, making his mouth small, it was an oddly adorable face.

You need to do as I say because I am cute face.

I took a deep breath and decided to try. Putting my right foot on the ladder, I firmly gripped the sides.

"You got this, one step at a time and keep looking at me" Harry, the grown up.

I took my time but I had made up my mind, it was going to happen. That was the day I was going to try.

I took his soft hand and braced myself, when I was on the last step. I climbed on the bed slowly, keeping my focus on him. It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined and I didn't even look down.

"You good?" He still held my hand, though I had reached the top bunk.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"We are the first ones to get here" He closed his hand into a fist, looking expectantly at me.

I gave him a fist bump.

"Do you think we can touch the ceiling from here" Ah oh, Harry had ideas.

"Maybe, probably if you jump"

"Let's do it"

"Noo, we can fall down"

"We won't, the bed is too big" He was confident.

"Harry!"

"Zain!"

"You are so stubborn"

"Let's do it, it will be fun"

I thought about it. It did sound like fun, jumping on top of bunk beds.

"We each get 3 tries, no more than that, I don't want us to break the bed"

Mom would be livid.

"Deal"

He got up, and I made space for me. His first jump has far off, he seemed unsure of himself.

"You want to do it together" I wanted to help.

He liked the idea and grinned at me.

********

Vote | Comment

Appreciate your feedback !!!