Chapter 13 - H : Fireworks

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental or only for recreational purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvador Dali -
I don't do drugs
I am drugs

********

H

Christmas!!!

My favorite time of the year because PRESENTS 🎁
And new year's, the extended week of Christmas with more fun and games.

Gemma and I horribly danced on the dance floor, enjoying ourselves to the last minute, our bellies full of awesome candies, huge food spread and maybe, a little wine on my part.

I was always curious what it tasted like and let me tell you, it's no big deal, it's just tastes like grapes from the juice box, but tastier, smoother and sourer. Sourer - is that a word? don't know, don't care.

Mom and Dad had been discussing home renovations. Now that I was an old boy almost 7 years old, I was going to get my very own big boy room. I was very happy. I wanted a couch to play video games and have friends over, I never had sleep overs at my place, only went to my friends' houses for that.

I wanted to see the fireworks even if I felt a little sleepy. Let's face it, it was way past our bed time but the organizers had promised amazing fireworks, sparkly drinks and toys at midnight. So lot of parents had allowed us kids to be awake this one time as an exception.

Lucky us!

I stifled a yawn.

Fireworks
Sweet Sparkles
Chocolates (for keep sake)
Toys (well actually one toy per child)

And we go home sweet home.

Best day of my life!!!

Mom didn't even scold me that much for sampling Dad's wine.

"Let's go to the beach. I think it's time." I loudly told Gems over the sappy Christmas song, while our feet still moved on the floor.

"Alright, let's check with the Mom and Dad" she replied.

It was about time and we were standing a little far from the beach because Moms can be paranoid, patiently waiting for the firecrackers to bust the sky wide open.

The sand tickled my soles, Dad had made sure we kept all our shoes under our round table but Mom won't let us go in the water, it looked so tempting. She didn't want me to wet my dress pants, Dad can fold them up for me and I can dip my toes. I tried convincing her –

"No"

Okay :(

Gemma saw my sad face and sneak attached me with tickles. I started running away from her towards the actual beach.

"Harry, Gemma stay away from the water babies, otherwise your Mom would be very upset." Dad instructed.

I kept dodging her, jumping and skipping few steps and hiding behind people. Damn! she was relentless. Oops I thought a bad word but nobody needs to know. I stopped for a sec to catch my breath and she pounced on me like a crazy cat.

"Lets me go! let me go!" I screamed on top my voice.

My pleas remain unheard. She knew how to push my buttons. Not the back of my neck, its sensitive.