Chapter 7 - H : Falling

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental or only for recreational purpose.

—————————————————————————

Trigger warning
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt"
********

H

After hearing the splash, everything becomes a blur to me, in no time I run to the pool and jump in, trying to find this hapless person who apparently can't swim or maybe is too intoxicated.

As my body touches the water, I have an unusual sensation that I am travelling back in time.

I am not 15 but 10 and Z has fallen in the water. He doesn't know how to swim. My hearts beating fast in my chest and I am trying to find him but he isn't in the pool.

I am just lost in my thoughts; I remember the day Z actually fell. He was trying to fight the water, trying to catch his breath. I had this horrible feeling that I was going to lose him.

I snap out of my trance, I didn't realize DeMario from the swim team has already got the person, none the less I help DeMario to get the person off the water and lay him down beside the swimming pool.

As we put him down on his back I realize its Liam and he is unconscious. Someone checks his breathing and starts giving him CPR or that's what I think it is. Everyone is whispering around me but I pick up only familiar voices.

"Shit! It's Payno" Tommo says loudly holding Payno's shoulder.

"No no no! I should have never asked him to fetch my sandals that I forgot beside the pool" Danielle, the hot girl Payno was making out with before cries in a painful voice.

"Is he okay" Z asks. I lift my eyes from Liam who is lying on the ground to Z.

He is standing close by, his expression distraught, I want to comfort him but he is wrapped around in her arms. She is comforting him. I am sure this reminded him of the old incident.

"He is fine; he is fine" Nialler confirms. My eyes stings, I didn't realize I had tears in them.

I try to wipe them off, pretending it's just chlorine water.

I had got hold of Z that day in the water and got him out with little bit of a struggle, and we had to press on his stomach, so he could spurt out the water and breath properly. I had held him close encouraging him to calm down. That day itched in my memory like it had just happened, clearer than the memories of today. Z sobbing on my shoulders, clutching my clothes, I rocking him side to side, holding me really strong.

That feeling, the feeling of losing him right before I caught hold of him in water is so painful, like I couldn't take my next breath.

All those memories come crashing down on me.

That weird feeling that I will lose Z forever feels so real.

She is standing where I should be, everyone seems to have someone except me. It feels like my world is crashing down. I feel so lonely amongst the crowd. It pains me to look at their touching bodies. She is slithering and twisting herself around him. Her hold is making him more anxious but he isn't letting it go.