Chapter 16 - Z : Yellow

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales,and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental oronly for recreational purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow, Coldplay -

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all yellow

********

Z

"This way" We took right from the stairs.

"It's not very big, we can play in there though" I was feeling self-conscious. How did others do it? My room was very personal. If it was anyone except Harry, I wouldn't be showing it to them.

Harry wasn't helping by being silent. He just stood there, looking around and taking it all in.

"You want to sit?"

I made him sit on the revolving chair by my study table near the window and took the leather bean bag opposite him. The sunshine made his skin glow.

I had the galaxy theme going on in my room and there were planets hanging in one corner orbiting around the sun. Craft project I had made with my Baba.

He was sitting right below it, looking like an angel with a halo like the ones in Mum's art books.

I could hear the clock on the wall ticking. He swung one of his legs back and forth. We were silent.

"You like yellow?" Finally, he turned towards me.

The room wasn't anything fancy. It was very plain. Mum didn't like us messing around with the house. Plain gray walls with bursts of yellow thrown in there.

Yellow curtains, yellow pillows & patterned cushions with a bit of gold in them. My yellow swivel chair at the study table combined with a few yellow decorative items on my bedside table and shelves. It was Mom's idea.

"It's my favorite color," I replied.

"Why?" he quizzed.

"Ummm....it makes me feel happy ... positive" I replied slightly unsure of my response. It was hard to explain, I always felt attracted to yellow hues.

"Like sunshine" he replied smiling, playing with his fingers over the rays coming from the window.

"Yes, exactly!" I replied excitedly, he understood so easily.

We remained silent for a while. He kept playing with the sunrays and I laid comfortably on the bean bag, stretching my legs.

"I looked for you" he finally broke the silence, his face down looking at the carpet which had geometric designs on it in the colors of gray, yellow and whites.

"You did?"

"Yaa everywhere, for almost whole month"

"Thank you" My voice broke, I felt emotional. He tried finding me. It was important to him; I was imp. to him.

"You didn't look for me?"

"I don't go out much, try to avoid the crowd, didn't think I had a way of finding you"