three

꧁ ☪ *ೃ༄꧂

Somewhere in the faraway land of Ruthenia, in a small village up in the mountain, a wedding was going to take place. The bride to be was the most winsome lady of the village, the pearl and pride of their village and she was the daughter of an Orthodox priest while the groom was the wealthiest man in the village.

People sang songs to the lovers who were going to be united in the church. They blessed them and showered them with gifts and hope for a beautiful life for both of them.

Some bunch of girls gathered around the bride as they giggled and decorated the bride with accessories. While the little girls sang the old Ruthenian folk song sung to the bride to be before her wedding.

They praised her epitome beauty, every girl in the village wanted to be her and every man in the village wanted to marry her. She had a charming personality that bewitched everyone.

Her rosy cheeks were rosier than anyday, her face had a radiant glow and her eyes shone like the brightest star in the dark sky, her teeth as white as pearl and her lips as lump as a plum. 

Not only was she an epitome of beauty but she also had a great voice and love for poetry and because of this everyone called her a siren. Beauty with talent.

"The fortune teller was right, you are going to marry the richest man of our village who loves you very much." Her friends said as they giggled before finally putting on her white veil, covering her face.

When she was 7 years old, a fortune teller happened to walk past their village. Everyone went to her as they wanted to know what life has prepared for them and so did little Alex.

When her turn came, the fortune teller took her little palm and took a glance before looking at her with a surprised expression. "Little girl, you have the brightest future of all. You will marry a rich man who will love you very much and will live a lavish life. You will wear the finest silk and most expensive embroideries of the world." She said and the villagers cheered.

She looked at her other palm and frowned. "But I see blood too." Everyone became quiet. "I see blood on these innocent hands."

"Blood?" Little Alex asked but the fortune teller immediately grabbed her things.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you more." Was all she said before running off into the deep forest leaving everyone confused.

When the little girl went home and told her father about it, he told her not to believe in such things as he was an Orthodox priest and never believed in such things.

As time went by, the little girl grew up and totally forgot about the prophecy but her friends remembered.  

After they were done decorating her, they carefully escorted her out and inside the church where the wedding was to take place. The groom was already there, so was the priest and guests.

The priest, who was also her father, said a short prayer before starting the ceremony. "Today, we are all gathered here to unite two lovers, two souls and make them one. Alexandra and Theodore."

"Let us all–" The priest was stopped by a man who ran inside the church, frantically as if he saw a ghost. 

"RUN AND HIDE. THE BARBARIANS ARE HERE. RUN!" He yelled, grabbing everyone's attention and soon everyone started running out of the church but it was too late. The barbarians were already there.

Theo grabbed Alexandra's hand as he pushed people out of their way but one of the barbarian knocked him off before he grabbed Alexandra's arm and dragged her away.

Alex cried out to her fiancé who was still laying on the ground but got up quickly before running after her beloved. He pushed away the barbarian making him lose his balance and his grip on Alexandra.

He was about to grab Alexandra's hand when he froze in his place. Blood started oozing out of his mouth and he fell down. Alexandra gasped and cried out, she tried to reach for her beloved but another hand came out of nowhere and grabbed her before swinging her over his shoulder.

She cried out for help but nobody came forward to help her as they were either busy saving their families or just letting the barbarians take away their pearl as they didn't want any trouble.

Her father was killed in front of her eyes when he tried to come for her, her fiancé was killed when he tried to protect her. Both the person, whom she dearly loved and cherished were killed on the same day. And she couldn't do anything.

She couldn't even save herself and she was ashamed of that.

She knew her life was going to change. She heard of barbarians coming and kidnapping young girls from the villages to work for kings and queens in the faraway lands or to be sold in slave markets. But what she didn't know was, indeed her life was going to change but for a better one.

They got on a ship and took off. The last thing she saw was her village, the place where she grew up, was on fire.

It was supposed to be her happiest day but it turned out to be the cruelest day for her and her people. She thought everything was over, she was going to be sold in a slave market and be a slave for her entire life but fate had a different plan for her.

No gods saw her tears, no humans showed mercy on her. She was beaten and was not given enough food and water. Fate was cruel to her like it was to the little boy who was separated from his mother at a young age and when he finally got her, it took her away from him.

But what she didn't know was that the same fate was about to unite the two broken souls, the two souls who lost everyone that were dear to them. Fate had a unique story for them, a tale of vengeance and love.

                          ꧁ ☪ *ೃ༄꧂