Tanjiro Kamado

"Will she be okay?"

"We don't-"

"When is she gonna wake up?"

"We're not-"

"Please tell me she's gonna be alright." Tanjiro begged

"I WOULD BE ABLE TO IF YOU WOULF SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!" One of the Kakushi(the attendants, not the girls, in the butterfly mansion) finally snapped. Tanjiro let go of the attendant's sleeve and backed away a little after the outburst. He rubbed the bridge of his nose with closed eyes and annoyance, letting out an annoyed sigh, "Sorry about that. We don't know when she'll wake, or if she'll survive. We have to wait for Lady Shinobu," Tanjiro was even more uneasy, he began tugging at his patient wear sleeves. He stayed quiet while looking at the resting girl and back to the Kakushi, who felt bad for yelling at him after seeing him sulk like this. With another sigh, he softened his expression, "I'll go try to find Lady Shinobu to see what can be done," the kakushi was halfway through the doorframe, "rest up kid. She'll get better." After giving Tanjiro a light pat on the shoulder, the Kakushi left.

Tanjiro sat next to the bed with his head down and his fist clenched. The fight that had put you in this condition rushed back into his mind. Anger, guilt,, and sadness slowly started to overwhelm him. He opened his hands and picked his head up.

"Oh Y/n..." he whispered. Tanjiro stood and cupped your cheeks, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I should've been there to at least help you..." Tanjiro's hands fell back to his side. The trembled, the image of you laying on the ground, motionless, in a pool of your own blood came back to him.

"Y/N!"  Tanjiro rushed to your side and kneeled down to feel for a pulse. He didn't care if his clothes had blood on them, he just needed to make sure you were okay. He flipped you over and held back his tears. You winced in pain at the sudden adjustment, he was grateful to know you were still breathing and conscious, "I'm gonna get you help okay?" He readied himself to pick you up. You weakly placed your hand on his forearm.

"No... point..." you struggled to get out, "Just... don't leave... me." Trying to speak at all drained your energy,nyour eyes were becoming dull, scaring Tanjiro.

"Y/n... please stay awake," he bit his lip to keep from crying, "We're gonna make it okay? Me and you, we'll meet up with the others and get you treated. Alright?" His voice wavered as he carried you somewhere safe.

He didn't remember anything else, it was just a blur.

Tanjiro sat next to you, holding your hand, replaying that moment over and over in his head, coming up with different endings each time. He couldn't move, he didn't want to leave your side. Your words 'just don't leave me' lingered in his mind. Everything started becoming a blur. Hours turned into days, days to a week, the only way he knew what time or day it was, was when someone would come in to treat you.

He eventually managed to get back on his feet and start training again. He kept his positive attitude and hoped you would wake up soon.

While be was training one day, he hadn't realized you had walked outside, with assistance of course, to watch him. He was nearing the end of his routine when he finally noticed you watching with admiration. He froze for a second, shocked you had actually woken up. When he was in front of you, he fell to his knees and pressed his forehead to the ground.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you." He whispered

"Tanjiro," you hopped off the porch and stood, holding it for support, "stand up," he did as you said and revealed his tear stained face, he looked to the side, embarrassed to make eye contact. You cupped his cheeks and turned his head toward you with a warm smile, "Thank you. For not forgetting about me and saving my life. Tanjiro I-" before you could finish he pulled you in close, his arms around your torso and face buried in your neck as he sobbed, "I love you too." You chuckled, finding his adorable reaction a bit amusing.

"Why are you laughing?" He childishly whined, wiping his face with his sleeve, sniffling afterwards.

"You're just cute okay?" You rubbed his back with one hand and played with his hair with the other. The rest of the day was spent comforting Tanjiro and getting the strength to at least walk on your own back.