Tipping the Scales

Začít od začátku

"No, no. Just thinking about something."

"What's keeping you occupied, kid?"

"Well..." Ruby took a breath in. "I'm worried about the future, that's all. Cinder is still out there with the powers of the Fall Maiden."

"I understand. I'm sure if all the kingdoms come together, this will be over in no time." Taiyang was enjoying his own cooking, alright.

"You're right, but things aren't gonna go back to the way they were." Ruby looked sad. What had been at first a dream had now turned into a nightmare with Ozpin dead.

"It's a part of life. You would have moved on eventually, kid."

"I know, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon."

"No one did."

Ruby grips the fork in her hands. "Hey, dad, do you have markers around? Anything to draw with."

"That's an odd question, but of course Ruby. I still have some from back when you two were kids. I'll go get some." Taiyang stood up from the table, leaving Qrow and Ruby alone.

"So... markers? What for?" Qrow questioned as he dug into his food.

"One of my teachers taught me how to summon a Servant." Ruby didn't expect Qrow to know what that was, but said it nevertheless.

"A... Servant? To clean up, cook, and all that?" Qrow asked of Ruby. "Summoning one sounds like a load of bull, kid, let alone all of that." It did to anyone who wasn't in on the whole 'Holy Grail War' thing, but Avalon and Emiya's Time Alter, both of which were anything but Semblances, had given hope to Ruby and made her believe Emiya's instructions on summoning a Servant.

"No, uncle Qrow! They will fight for us. We really need the extra help right now." Qrow rubbed the back of his head, still struggling to wrap his mind around the concept.

"Here they are." Taiyang came back with a red marker. Ruby stood up, taking it out of his hands. "Thanks, dad!" She hugged him, backing away after not long. Taiyang sat back down at the table, while Ruby had dropped to her knees. She was drawing something on the ground, all based off her memory of what Emiya Kiritsugu had told her back on the evacuation airship.

"Hey, kid, careful. Maybe your teacher gave you instructions on how to summon a demon, no one really feels like dealing with one right now anyways." Qrow stared at her drawing. It was truly a demonic looking circle.

 It was truly a demonic looking circle

Servant Summoning Circle

"Relax!" Ruby let out with her optimism getting back up.

She then slightly backed away from the circle. Trying to remember the chant. Taking a breath in...

"Let silver and steel be the essence.