Chapter 1: A mysterious shapeshifter

Lmao I'm writing this because I had some weird nightmare so I'm sorry if is not that good.
Also I'm not sure if my presentation of Carlos is going to be that accurate but I will try! This will  e highly inspired by Jekyll and Hyde as well......anyways enjoy it!

:)

.....

Camilo Madrigal...

You had basically known him since you were little.Ever since you were kids,Camilo had been using his power to help at the bakery you worked in.

"He is amazing!" Your father would often say whenever he transformed into a big buff man in order to carry the abundance of flour and sugar bags.

Gradually,you two became inseparable despite the fact that his  grandma was strict on how much time he let Camilo hang out with people outside of their household,and the rest of the young madrigals.

Today,you were making your way to the Madrigal house ready to deliver something special for him.A gift.

That's right.It was Camilo's birthday and as a surprise,you had made him a small cake since the little shapeshifter had a particularly big appetite.

But there was something wrong...

With subtle side eyes,you couldn't help but notice a man of a slim figure  beneath his dark hooded Cape  following you.

At first you tried to ignore it but after you pretended to switch directions and he still managed to walk in the same direction, you knew he was after you,but why? and who was it?

Just as you were about to approach the house,the figure launched itself towards you,it's bony hands extending like claws ready to snatch you .

"get off me!" With all your strength,your leg aimed for his stomach but it only resulted in you slipping and falling to the floor,screaming and punching the man.

" 'kay no stop! is me!" The man extended his arms in surrender,a familiar giggle coming from underneath his hood.

The voice made you stop in your tracks with utter confusion and despair.

"C-Camilo?" Was the only thing you managed to say.

On cue,the man's body contracted like an elastic rubber band to transform into the mischievous shapeshifter.

Camilo collapsed on the floor with his hands around his stomach,laughs erupting from his mouth.His legs kicking the air with a burst of energy.

"not funny" you stood up in disbelief and brushed your hands on your dress in an abrupt manner.

"hey" Camilo lifted his hand from the floor ,his eyes squinting to examine what was beneath him "what's this?"

It was the cake you had brought for him.The box it had been placed in was now all squashed.

Camilo curiously poke the box but before he could open it,you snatched the box from his sight and proceeded to walk in the direction of the house, a sombre expression in your face.

"is for me right?" He stood up and ran after you with a raised eyebrow.

"it was,not anymore" you glared and continued walking.At this point you didn't even want to talk about it.The cake was probably destroyed, and all your hard work had been for nothing.

"oh come one Y/n it was just a joke !" Camilo whined and grabbed your hand,gently spinning you around so that it was impossible for you not to face him.