That was why Alex put all the blame to that cheap father of his.

If not because of him, that awful, despicable, and shameless man, his sister wouldn't be sold off. If his sister is still with them by the time he came back at their house that he refused to call home, he wouldn't have to accept this kind of mission. A mission that reeks off danger even at a single glance or a faint sniff.

If a miracle happen, and he managed to survive, he'll surely get his sister back and leave that damned house with her. That man can live or die by himself for all he cares.

"Mr. Alex you-"

"...I'm fine. I can still manage."

Alex's condition was no good either just like the others. While on top of the carriage's roof, he sends mana to the injured Mercenaries to heal them.

For someone like him who heals people since he knew how to, the distance did not really bother him that much. As long as his mana can reach the specific target, everything's good.

Though sadly for their situation, his mana can reach fifty to eighty meters at most.

That being the case, the Mercenaries that was quite far to that required distance had to do their best to scoot a bit closer for him to heal them.

The healing process is quite hard, too. As a quasi-Healer with a limited room for healing, he has to squeeze his mana, so he could heal them a little faster than his usual. The way of fast healing was not his forte, by the way. His way of operation was a leisure one, like a medium slow tempo.

"Ugh... I'm starting to get dizzy."

Forehead covered in cold sweats, Alex's couldn't hide his exhaustion between his brows. Even his complexion isn't good. His already pale face gets even paler.

If he runs out of mana, it could cause him severe exhaustion, render him unconscious, or, in extreme cases, be a brainless monster. But Alex was quite confident that that extreme case wouldn't happen to him.

Those who land themselves in that mine are people who always pushed themselves hard over and over again, which was certainly didn't apply to Alex simply because he was always cautious.

So if he happens to exhaust his mana right then and there, undoubtedly, because he must do so, considering the end of his Phase is nearing.

This Phase is what most pressing to him.

One lose all the mana in their Mana Pool if one do not use it before their Phase ends. A person who lost mana this way loses one life, which is called Mana Burn. This Mana Burn is a loss of life and not simply damage. So for his own good, he must empty his Mana Pool and exhaust all his mana before the end of his Phase.

His Second Main Phase.

Alex, as a quasi-Healer, uses mana instead of Magical Energy when healing. It wasn't because it is an important aspect of every Mage that has ever lived as it is their source of Magic Power, it was because mana is a spiritual form of mystic energy and originally a life-force.

It is a form of magical life-energy and grants life essence to the users' spell casting. And since it is spiritual, the supernatural usage such as healing was self-explanatory.

Magical Energy, on the other hand, is a natural form of mystic energy that flows anywhere. It's a magical version of Physical Energy. It is natural and only causes raw forces when being released or used in spell casting. The one range-type of melee-type used the most.

MDS, or Magic Deficiency Syndrome, is what called when someone rapidly loss of their Magic Power, different from Mana Burn, which can either be from using a massive amount all at once, or having it drained from another person, and can cause death in dire cases.