Change

2 Years ago...

It was Christmas Eve and as usual Felix would come to Minho's house for dinner.

Him, Minho and Seungmin always celebrated Christmas together since they met in high school.

It was one of the rarely cases when a three person friendship actually worked and none of them felt left out. Or so they thought.

That evening, when Felix was clueless of the truth that was about to hit him, Minho and Seungmin called him in the garden to give him the big news.

-You're a couple? Felix asked astonished.

Seungmin intertwined his hand with Minho's and nodded with the brightest smile ever.

-We've been for a month now. We were so excited to tell you.

However, Felix didn't seem happy at all. His gaze dropped to the ground, not being able to say a word.

-I thought you will be happy for us, added Seungmin with his moral down.

-I am, replied Felix making eye contact. It's just... I don't want to be caught in the middle if anything happens. I want us to be friends forever. You two as a couple means change.

-It won't change anything. We will always be your friends, Felix, said Minho putting his hand on the younger's shoulder. We promise!

Now, we all know that was a lie.

Cause the moment Seungmin broke up with Minho, Felix got caught in the middle of their mess. But they were his only friends, so he tried his best not to loose them.

Present

Another Christmas Eve, another dinner at Minho's place.

The difference was the number of people at that table.

Chan joined them this year and he was very enthusiastic to spend the Holidays with someone else besides his family. But the akward silence in the room crushed all his expectation.

Now what did concern Chan wasn't the two ex boyfriends avoiding any kind of conversation, but poor Felix who was eating his food in silence, always looking down at the floor and refusing to make eye contact with anyone but the plate.

Since the moment Chan met Felix, the freckled boy was hyperactive, having fun and going wild. So Chan was literally terrified to see him like that.

Felix got up and went to the bathroom at some point. That's when Chan looked at Seungmin and Minho and took his role as the older.

-You listen to me! Felix is feeling miserable because of you. It's like seeing a kid having dinner with his two divorced parents. It's heartbreaking. Minho, you know this feeling better than anyone. So please, for the love of God, try to act normal at least tonight for Felix's sake. Ok?

Minho and Seungmin nodded slowly. They looked at each other, probably for the first time at that night and Seungmin signaled Minho to go with him to the kitchen.

Minho followed his ex and jumped on the counter ready to listen to what Seungmin wanted to say.

-This is wrong, Minho. I don't want to live my whole life like that. I want to be friends with you again. This not-talking thing hurts both of us.

-You know it's not that simple as you make it seem, replied Minho ruffling his own hair angrily.

-We have to try. If not, Felix will hate us. I don't want that. I want to go back to when we were friends.

-But we can't. We fucked, Seungmin. I fricking loved you with all my heart. And you broke it in pieces. I'm not the problem. I miss you so much and you want me to just erase those feelings and to stay by your side as friends? Really? Minho tried his best not to tell in order to not scare Felix from the other room.

-You see, that's the difference between the two of us...

-Between you and me?

-No. Between me and your fuck friend. You miss me, you have me as your friend. I will stay beside you, cheer you up, cry with you. I will be your friend like we used to do. But if you break Jisung's hearts, he won't forgive you. You will miss him, but he won't be here anymore. So get out whatever sick shit you have in your head that you want to do with me and focus on your boyfriend, cause you take responsibility for him.

-I thought you didn't like him.

-I don't. But whether I like him or not doesn't justify you cheating on him with me. So get your shit together and at least try to pretend you don't despise me for Felix's happiness. We will continue this conversation. But not now.

Seungmin left the room leaving Minho lost in his thoughts.

Was he really that bad of a person in order to think of cheating? How much did he love Jisung? Was it like the love he used to have for Seungmin? Was it different? And if it was, good different?

Jisung's apartment

Meanwhile, Jisung was home, enjoying some food Hyunjin made for Christmas.

He was anxious about giving his brothers the presents. He didn't know how to do it.

Was it a procedure? Was the tree Hyunjin gor for him too small?

In the end, he rose from his seat and took the two boxes. He landed the small one to Chnagbin, waiting for his reaction.

-What's this, Ji? Changbin asked confused.

-A present. For you.

-What?

He opened it and saw the two tickets to the Twice concert.

-I thought you can take your date to their concert since both of you like the group.

-Ji, that's a lot of money spent. Why would you do this for me?

-Because you're my brother. Isn't that enough of a reason? asked Jisung with sincerity in his eyes.

Changbin was brought to tears. He hugged his little brother so tightly while crying in his shoulder.

-I also have a present for Innie. A laptop to help you at school. If you don't like it, I can buy you something else, Jisung added immediately freaking out.

-It's perfect, hyung! Thank you so much! he joined the family hug.

Hyunjin looked at them from aside, smiling at the sight of three brothers enjoying their first winter Holidays.

Minho's house

Felix's phone ringed and he went outside to answer.

When he came back he was jumping and yelling with the biggest smile ever.

-What happened? asked Seungmin cleaning the table.

-My date just got two tickets to the Twice concert. I'm gonna see Twice!

-Have fun, Lix! replied Seungmin so happy for his friend.

-Where's Minho hyung? asked Felix after noticing the older was missing.

-He went to buy more drinks. He will be back in a minute, added Chan.

No, he didn't.

What Minho did, after his existential crisis and lingering on what Seungmin said to him, was to call Jisung and to tell him to meet in the park.

It was winter, cold and Minho was freezing, but he needed to see Jisung.

-Hey! he greeted the younger with a smile and a red nose.

-Hi! Is there a problem?

-Yes. This, he said pushing his lips against Jisung's.

He brushed them on every inch of Jisung's face for a while, then parted to look at his boyfriend's red ears.

-I love you! he blurted out taking Jisung by surprise.

-You do?

-Yes. I'm sure about it.

-You better be.

-Do you love me?

-I don't fall that easily. We'll wait and see.

-My little tsundere loves me, cooed Minho brushing his nose to Jisung's cheek to tickle him.