019 - mothers

„Mamma! " Dana called, „We need to leave." She put on her sneakers and her jacket. They had been supposed to leave five minutes ago to drive to the airport but somehow they had managed to be late, which was not a rare occurrence with the mother-daughter duo.

"I'm here, I'm here." Her mom got ready in a hurry and opened the door before turning to the girl. "Did you say ciao to Os?"

"Yes." Dana took a deep breath, checking over her stuff again."Okay, let's go." She took her luggage and followed her mom out of the door. She had already sent some off her stuff to Malibu and Atlanta as she was going to stay there until after Thanksgiving – she planned to be back in Munich for Christmas and New Years Eve – and was going to need more than just a suitcase full of clothes.

They got into the car and Dana enjoyed her mom's way of driving - speeding on the highway - once more. It was exhilarating; her mom being the definition of an adrenaline junkie, although she always was cautious of safety.

"What do you think is dad thinking?" Dana finally asked what was swirling around her head for weeks. The man still hadn't said anything concerning her outing or her self-harming. He had pretended as though nothing had happened, as if his daughter didn't tell her parents two of her deepest secrets.

"About what?" Her mom asked.

"He barely reacted when I told you both about everything." Dana mustered her mom's facial expression. The woman was clearly trying to keep her neutral mimic.

She sighed. "Honestly, cara, I don't know what's going on in that man's head."

The girls nodded and looked at her hands that were fidgeting in her lap.

"But," Anna laid her hand over her daughter's hand to stop her from moving, "I want you to know that no matter what your dad does, I'm always with you, okay? I love you and I am always there for you. I will support you no matter what happens and you can always talk to me."

"I love you too, mamma." Dana struggled to keep her voice from breaking as she felt a lump in her throat.

At the airport Dana struggled to get away from her mom, caught in her hug. "Mom, please, I'll miss my flight. Ti amo but I have to leave." She whined half-joking.

"Alright," Her mom pulled away, softly pushing her away, "go before I'll never let you go and lock you in a tower."

"Ciao." Dana waved as she walked away, boarding her flight to Atlanta.

***

The brunette let her eyes drift over the crowds of people that were collecting their luggage and meeting their family. She soon found Susan waiting for her, catching her eyes too. She quickly hurried, almost ran to her and hugged her. The impact made them stagger but they caught themselves before falling. She hadn't noticed it up until that point but she had missed her stepmom quite much.

"Hey, how was your flight?" The woman asked her, smiling.

"Long." Dana laughed. "But I got some sleep. I was in three countries in the last 48 hours, so...yeah. How are you? And the kiddos?"

"Good, great." Susan took her by the elbow and guided her to leave the airport. "They are impatiently waiting for you at home. Robert is on set but I guess you want to shower first...and stuff."

"Oh yes, please. I can't wait. I don't like people with only a few exceptions and being in a plane with them for 12 hours? Yikes." She made a grimace.

They walked to the car and Dana heaved her luggage into the trunk before getting in the passenger seat. She couldn't wait to see her younger siblings again.

Word count: 637

a/n

this is a filler.

ANOUNCEMENT: my head is all over the place. i feel like i should finish writing the book first before publishing it on here. that way there are no plot holes and stuff. because at the moment it is like i am just trying to not fail the updating schedule and not actually delivering high quality storytelling. but i want to write this good, so i decided to rewrite all the chapters because they are...not the best and finish the story before continuing to update it.

i hope y'all understand. love you,

~snax