001 - adopted

May 2016

Dana was just mixing brownie batter while singing along to an old Queen Song. She had flour in her shoulder-long brown hair and on her shirt. Yes, it was a mess. But that was just her life. It never came as she planned it.

That moment of singing and baking brownies, was quickly interrupted by the door bell. She stopped the music and went to open the door, only to see a familiar face. Her heart dropped.

"Hi." she said, not sure what to say. Confusion flickered in her eyes; Robert fucking Downey Jr stood in front of her house.

"Hey-...Are those tattoos?" he asked irritated. Dana followed his glance to her arm.

"Nope." She popped the 'p'."That's what happens when I am bored and find a gel pen."

"Oh."

This was getting weird. What was RDJ doing in front of her house?

What the fuck was her life?

"Excuse me. Not to sound rude or anything, but can I help you somehow? Because I'm not telepathic." She asked, knowing exactly that she just sounded really rude.

"Uhm, searching for someone?" he said unsure.

"And who are you searching for?" "Uhm, are your parents home?" he asked.

"Uhm, yeah, come in, Mr. Downey. I'll go and get them." She answered, unsure how to address him, and went to get her parents.

"Mama, Papa, RDJ, the actor who plays Iron Man, asked for you and is currently sitting in the kitchen." She said, completely aware of how crazy that sounds."No joke. He is in our kitchen right now."

"What? Wait, you let someone in our house?" Tom Goldberg asked. "Yeah? He is searching for someone. He wouldn't tell me for whom. He asked for you guys."

"Ok, well, we'll speak to him. Why are you covered in flour?" Dana's mom asked.

"Uhm, I was baking brownies. " Dana answered.

"How about you put on a new shirt? And then please help Oscar with his homework. I'm gonna finish your brownies. At least, then our kitchen won't be a big mess." She told her daughter.

"HEY... I'm not that chaotic." "Yes, you are." Her parents said simultaneously.

Defeated and grumbling something about her parents being fucking mean, she left.

After Dana changed into a fresh oversized sweatshirt, she went to help her brother with his math homework. He was doing probability calculation and their teacher assigned them to flip a coin like a million time. Guess who had to do the flipping? Yes, you're right. Dana. She was really close to suing his teacher, Mr. Mueller, that son of a bit-...gun. Soon after they finished math homework, her parents called for her.

She went to the kitchen only to see her parents and THE RDJ look at her as if she was going to die tomorrow. "Hey, what is it with the sober faces?" the 17 years old girl asked irritated.

"I'm gonna leave you some privacy." Mr. Downey said, stood up and left the kitchen. Dana looked at her parents, watching their every move.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Sit down, please." she obeyed, looking at them. Yes, this is a moment when you question everything you've ever done, because your parents look is serious as fuck.

"So, we didn't know how and when to tell you, but considering the situation we're going to tell you now. " "Just spit it out, please." The teen asked them, a pleading look on her face.

"You're adopted." Her dad said.

"Yeah, sure." She laughed. "And what's really going on?" They continued to look at her with their serious faces. "Wait, this is a joke, right?"

Her mom shook her head. "No, sweetheart, it's true." "....wait. Considering the situation? What situation?" Dana looked at her parents riddled. Suddenly, something clicked in place.

"No, no, no. Wait. You're not telling me now because one of my biological parents just turned up on our doorsteps, are you?" "Yes, Mr. Downey is your birth dad."

She abruptly stood up. "Okay, so in case you need to tell one of your children ever again that they are adopted: The 16th birthday is a great opportunity. I'm gonna go for a walk. I need to think."

Dana left the kitchen, put on her shoes and a coat and walked out the door.

Word count: 713

a/n

yes. first chapter. oh god. anyways...

comment,vote and yeah...thanks for reading!

~snax