005 - 12h flight

As they had parked at the airport, Robert turned to look at Dana.

"What is it?" she asked smiling.

"First of all: You really got your old man's looks." Robert chuckled. "Second: I actually wanted to give you something. Uhm, it's a necklace from your mother." He pulled a fine golden necklace out of his pocket. "It was in the letter I got from her. It's a Star of David. I saw that you wear a necklace with a crucifix pendant but-""She was also Jewish?" Dana interrupted him.

"Yes, she was. So, do you want to wear it?" he asked.

"Yes, of course. I actually don't really have a specific religion. The crucifix is from my grandma. She was great and one of my best friends." She smiled a watery smile. "She died 3 years ago."

"I'm sorry." Robert wished her his condolences.

"Please don't be. Can you help me put the necklace on?"

He grinned. "Yes, of course." He put the necklace around her neck and closed it. Dana smiled a genuine smile as she turned back around, touching the star pendant that now dangled, together with the crucifix, over her sternum.

"Okay, let's go, we'll miss our flight." She laughed.

After they gave up their luggage and went to security, Dana gave Charlie the promised call. Also, she wrote Mia and Jo a quick message.

---

Dana Oooph:

Hey, babes, we're going to boarding in a few. Love you xx

Mia Boo:

Have a nice flight, hun xx

Joey:

Don't pull a John F Kennedy Jr. on us. Don't you dare die xx

Dana Oooph:

Two types of people lmao

---

They boarded 15 minutes earlier as they had first class tickets. They made themselves comfortable in their seats and talked....again.

"So, you spoke Italian with Marco in the restaurant. Do you speak any more languages?" he asked curiously.

"I speak German, English, Italian and French." Dana answered grinning.

"Four languages? Seriously?" "German is obviously my first language. I am learning English since 3rd year. I learned French from 6th to 9th year. And I'm learning Italian in school since 10th year but already spoke it because of my mom."

"Do you think you can teach me a little bit German? My mom, whose birthday was the day after yours by the way, was of German ancestry." He smiled.

"Yes, of course. If you promise me that you won't speak it as aggressive as every American that tries to speak German." She grinned.

"I'll try." Robert smiled. "You should sleep. When we're landing in LA, it's going to be 1.30 pm."

"Fottuta merda." Dana cursed. Fucking shit. "I forgot about the jet lag. That's gonna be fun." She joked while thinking about her insomnia demons.

***

"We have started our descent and will be landing shortly. Please return to your seat and switch off all electronic equipment until we have reached our final parking position."

"Hey, hey, Rob! Wake up! We're landing in a few." Dana woke Robert up. Contrary to Rob Dana hadn't slept a minute. She really tried but as she realized that she would not fall asleep she just grabbed her school things and learned for her last two exams.

Robert groaned. "Why are you already awake?" "Because I didn't sleep."

He sighed as the plane landed.

"Okay, well, let's grab our things and get going. Don't forget your beanie and your sunglasses."

Dana laughed. "Yes sir."

They left the plane, went through security and grabbed their luggage. As they left the airport, Dana already noticed the paparazzi waiting for them.

Robert and she hurried to the car waiting for them as the paparazzi started shouting questions.

"Who's the girl?"

"Mr. Downey, who's the lady accompanying you?"

They ignored them the best they could. Shortly before the car doors closed Dana heard another question.

"Are you having an affair?"

She groaned. "Eww. Wtf? I didn't think I look that adult."

"Yup, they're coming up with the best ideas." Robert said sarcastically. "And you don't. You're my little girl."

"Okay, that was just really cute." Dana grinned.

"I know."

Word count: 683

a/n

i hope i don't offense someone by letting dana wear a star of david. i read that if your mother is jewish you're automatically jewish too, so I hope it's okay.

thank you so much for over 550 reads, #3 in downey and #27 in german!!!

~snax