006 - napping time

Robert unlocked the door and they entered the house. "Honey? We're home." He shouted through the house.

"In the kitchen." Susan answered. Dana followed Robert through the house to the kitchen.

"Hey, Dana. It's nice to finally meet you" Robert's wife greeted the girl as she hugged her.

"Nice to meet you too." Dana said smiling at her warm welcome.

"Daddio!" Exton shouted. "Hey, kiddo!" Robert greeted his son as he scooped him up.

Avri looked up excited. "Dana here?" Robert chuckled. "Yes, Ave. Nice to know your priorities."

"Hey Avri. How are you?" Dana asked the little girl as she knelt down to get on eye level with her. "Have a sister! Wahoo." she cheered as she ran up to her and hugged her. "Yes, you have a sister and you're cute as f- sugar." Dana corrected herself quickly as she saw Roberts scolding glance.

"So, Exton. This is Dana." he introduced her to her little brother. "Hi." He greeted her shyly.

"Hey, nice to meet you." Dana smiled at him brightly. "Nice to meet you too."

"Dana, watch Frozen?"Avri asked.

"You want me to watch Frozen with you? Sure." She laughed as Exton dragged her to the living room.

***

Half an hour later she went to get herself something to drink as she saw Susan and Robert kissing. She laughed.

"Don't let me interrupt you." The teen said smirking as they quickly separated. "I just wanted to get some water."

"Uh, yeah, uhm, in the fridge are cooled bottles." Robert answered as he tried to regain his composure.

She quickly grabbed one and returned to the kids that sat in front of the TV, enchanted by Elsa singing 'Let it go!'. As she sat down again Avri crawled in to Dana's lap and snuggled up to her. At the same time Exton leaned into her. She could tell they were tired, as was she. In Germany it was about 11 pm. So Dana got herself and the kids comfortable. Soon sleep overcame them.

***

After Susan and Robert caught up about what happened in the month he wasn't home, they decided to look after the children. As they walked into the living room Robert's heart swelled with love.

Dana laid there sleeping with Avri and Exton practically on top of her, also sleeping. It was the cutest thing they've seen in a long time.

A proud smile appeared on Robert's face.

He quickly hurried to get his phone. He needed a photo of his three children while asleep on top of each other.

Susan leaned against the door frame as Robert returned. "She's great with the kids." Robert smiled. "She is. It's the same with her little brother. They are really close."

***

Dana woke up from her phone ringing loudly. She hurried to cautiously get Exton and Avri off her. She didn't want to wake them up. The girl grabbed her phone and answered, so the annoying sound would stop.

"Hello?"

"Hey, honey." Dana immediately recognized Charlie's voice.

"Oh, hi babe. Why are you awake?" She asked confused. "Isn't it, like middle of the night in Germany?"

"Yes, it is."She chuckled. "But you know my sleep rhythm is fucked up. And also I was reading all the speculative stories in what relation you could be to RDJ." Dana sighed.

"Please don't tell me they didn't actually write about if I was an affair or not." "Sorry, they did."

She groaned. "For them I exist since what- two hours ago..." "Four, actually."

"What? I slept for three hours?" Dana exclaimed. "You slept?" "Yes, I watched Frozen with Exton and Avri and we fell asleep.....for three hours apparently."

"Ouuh, sibling bonding time." Dannie laughed. "Yes, they are so sweet. I am in love." She gushed.

"Well, just wanted to talk to you about the articles, ask if you're okay and tell you that I love you, hun." Charlie yawned.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. I love you more, babe. Thank you for calling, but go to sleep. Night night." "Good night."

Dana ended the call and went to the kitchen, where Susan was making dinner.

"Hi. Can I help you with anything?" She asked.

"Did you sleep well?" Susan smiled as Dana nodded, smiling as well. "You can set the table if you want."

"Sure, if you tell me where I can find everything." "Okay, so, the plates are in the cupboard on your right. The cutlery is in the drawer over there." She pointed behind Dana. "And the glasses and cups are in the cupboard on your left."

The girl started to get everything and brought it to the table. "Are Avri and Exton still asleep?" Susan asked as her stepdaughter placed the cutlery and the plates in front of every chair.

Dana chuckled. "Yes, they didn't even wake up as my friend called." "We were down at the beach today. They ran around really wild. I already thought they'd be out like a light. Uhm, if you find Robert, he can show you your room. I think he's in his office."

"Okay, I'll look for him." She grinned.

"Just take the stairs. It's the second door on the left." Dana laughed. "Thanks."

Word count: 865

a/n

rest in power, robert downey sr.!

i never did so much research about how much 2 year olds and 4 year olds can already say and how long they sleep. and i was never so confused by time difference, but it's -8 hours from Munich to LA.

also, susan and dana will have a good relation. there will be no bitch fight between them.

thank you so much for over 750 reads and over 30 votes!!!

~snax