[chapter seven] broken love confessions

Start from the beginning

"Derek needed some details about my inheritance for his lawyers. I'm supposed to get it at eighteen but they are moving it to sixteen due to circumstances. And because I turned sixteen months ago that means I should receive it very soon. They are gonna process it in a few weeks."

The lie rolled off of my tongue so easily, I felt a pang of guilt at how easy it had been. I hated lying to her- more than anything in the world. However, we had both made a promise to Chris, and though I had broken mine, I didn't want her to break hers.

She needed a break from my world.

"I'm staying at Stiles house again tonight, is that okay?" I mumbled, wincing as I saw the frown on her face.

"Aires." She whined. "You don't have to ask me permission for everything you do."

"I know, but I feel bad. Since we've been back I've always been gone."

And I hated it.

It felt as if we were back where we were months ago. We were together but so far apart, we were walking side by side with each other and yet I had never felt further from her.

"Well, if you feel that bad about it you can make it up to me with a girls night."

"Alli, everynight with you is a girls night." I shot back with a roll of my eyes.

"Yeah but still, we could do a Divergent movie marathon? Or a Marvel one if you really want."

A mock gasp fell from my lips as my hand shot to my mouth. "Allison Argent, are you serious? You want to have a Marvel movie marathon with me? Wow, you must really miss me. I couldn't even get you to sit through the first Captain America movie."

"I do miss you and I also love you. I also happen to be in love with Scarlett Johansson so as soon as we get to Iron Man two I will be an official Marvel fan."

"Who isn't in love with Scarlett Johansson?"

✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

"I'm sorry I'm late!" I yelled from over my shoulder as I slammed the sliding door to Derek's loft. "I got caught up trying to explain the marvel cinematic universe to Allison." I mumbled, receiving several glares from everyone around the table.

"What?" I asked accusingly. "Someone has to teach her!"

After giving me a killer glare, Derek shook his head and turned back to the huge map sprawled across the makeshift table. "How did they get in?"

"A rooftop air conditioning vent. It leads down inside into the wall of the vault. One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall. Which is stone, by the way. Then they syphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little haft on the wall, boom."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

"Yes we can but very, very barely. It's such a tight space that the smallest person will have to be the one to do it. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind."

"Forget the drill." I mumbled, placing my hands on the countertop. "If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

"No. Anyways." Stiles snapped, completely dismissing me and turning back to Scott.

"Hey, asshole." I snapped with a murderous glare. "I said I can do it."

"Okay fine, let's see it Aires. You see this? That's three inches of room that you will have to-"