Chapter 12 (Last Chapter)

Comenzar desde el principio

A week passed since Zhan learned that Yibo was no longer with them. He was taken home after he got the doctor's approval for him to go home since his condition was improving.

"Zhan...we're here," Xian said as he pushed Zhan's wheelchair inside the large house where the both of them will stay for the meantime, that is until when Zhan could finally get over with Yibo's death. Xian was worried that if Zhan will be left alone in this house then he's sure that something bad would happen to his little brother. He was indeed sure that Zhan would attempt to follow Yibo in the afterlife.

"Mn," Zhan replied. Ever since Zhan regained his consciousness back at the hospital, he changed, not for the good but for the bad. His positivity was replaced with the opposite. He became distant, he would even give short replies even though people are trying their best to talk to him but he would just occasionally reply with a hum or a simple action that's interpreted as yes or no.

Seeing that Zhan replied to Xian's statement, the older immediately pushed Zhan's wheelchair into his room where he'll be staying. "I'll leave you here, alright?" Xian asked but Zhan didn't give him a reply, even a nod he didn't. 

Xian left Zhan inside the room, he wanted his little brother to get used to his new room because the last time Zhan went inside that room was when he was 12 years old, back when his disease hadn't made its move yet. 

Xian was standing outside Zhan's room and he could hear his younger brother's sobs as he leaned against the door. "Ahh, I'm sorry Zhan," Xian apologized as he too, started crying and is still blaming himself for Yibo's death. 

"Yibo, why? Just why?" Zhan's question echoed throughout his room as he asked desperately, hoping for an answer to arrive. He looked at the ceiling and saw glowing stars but mostly were stickers or notes that were either drawn and written by him or Yibo. 

--

"Yibo, what are you doing?" a 14-year-old Xiao Zhan asked as he tried to look at what the 14-year-old Yibo was doing. When Yibo felt Zhan's presence behind him, he immediately covered the paper where he wrote. Seeing this action made Zhan's curiosity spark even more.

"Hm...I wonder what little Yibo is doing," Zhan smiled as he walked towards his bed and sat on it as he studied Yibo's figure who was now back at what he was doing. Zhan couldn't help but fall for the boy who was in front of him. Back when he was just a child, he thought that he'll marry a girl and have kids with her but ever since Yibo came into his life, his ideal future life was replaced. 

He saw his future standing hand-in-hand with the boy in front of him as they both smiled happily while watching sceneries together. But Zhan thought that the future he thought with Yibo was far from happening, it wasn't because of Yibo having no feelings for him. Heck! he knew Yibo's feelings for him a long time ago.

But the only obstacle that would get into their life was Zhan's incurable disease. This disease that he had ever since he was a child. Even though his parents tried hard to find a cure for it, sadly there were none. 

"-ng Zhan!" Zhan was brought back to his senses when he hear Yibo call him. He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them, he was shocked at how close their faces were. "Do you have a fever?" Yibo scrunched his brows together as he lifted the back of his hand to check Zhan's temperature, "you're not hot but why are you spacing out?" 

"Huh? When did I space out?"  Zhan asked as he tilted his head, to take a glance at the table where Yibo sat earlier. He wanted to take a peek at what the younger did. "Earlier...you didn't even hear me calling you Wa-" Zhan raised his brows when Yibo stopped his statement and more importantly, he noticed his red Yibo became.