MEND THE BONDS

School resumed to the usual. I got closer to King and Amber and a couple of others, but farther away from Taylor and Corinne.

Change of lectures drew us farther from each other.

Days went by fast, the year was coming to an abrupt end, which meant; Homecoming, Thanksgiving and the holidays, I can't forget more school work, as next year will be college.

Everyone got serious with school works, and stayed away from any drama.
Relationships and friendships were kept low-key. School was chill.

I was mixing school with my career; music, dancing, and acting. At first it was hard, but later I got the hang of it and it became fun.

King became more outspoken, Raven was still raven, school was chill.

I finally decided to try to rekindle the friendship with my old friends.  The first person I tried to get was Taylor.

"Hey you" I greeted Taylor who was reading in the library alone.

It had been weeks since the kidnapping, and exams were drawing closer.

"Hi" Taylor responded without taking her eyes off her book.

"Seriously? That's it?" I asked but she didn't answer so I closed her book,

"Hey!" she shouted

"What?" I retorted, "Is that it? Am I really not important?" I said but she only let out a sigh without saying anything.
"It's fine, I get it." I nodded and headed towards the door.

"Emily wait." Taylor called out.
I turned around and she continued

"Look I don't... how—where do I start" she stammered.

"Maybe start by telling yourself the truth. Why are you really mad at me?" I told her.

"Honestly, I don't know" Taylor responded and fell into her seat

"Then what is it?" I walked towards her.

"I am not mad" she looked up at me," I never was. I was just disappointed" she added, fiddling with her book.

I took a seat behind her.

"I never lied to anyone. I honestly couldn't imagine that you wouldn't believe me."

"Am sorry, for...." Taylor paused while I continued.

"Everything you're ever done up till this point?" I added.

"Exactly" Taylor responded and we both laughed.

"Next time, just say were good and were good" I said with a smile.

"I've missed you" Taylor said and we hugged each other.

"Now that were good," I opened her book "you're not getting this" I pointed to a question of physics she was solving.

"I know, it's hard" she complained

"No it's not, Here" I took a pen and corrected it

"Oh yeah..." Taylor said and we continued to solve other questions.

I got one back four to go.

I knew it was going to be easy to get back joey, pasha and ruby, but not Corinne, still there was no time for drama.
I had exams to study for.

Exams lasted for a week straight and I was chill. Even though the exams were conducted seriously, everyone had prepared excessively, so were all good.

We were finally writing our last paper for 12th grade.