Part 16 - A Work Visit

The next morning was boring to say the least, got up showered and headed to work. There's not much to do when George isn't there. I did try to break into his spare room but couldn't find a key anywhere, he's obviously locked it for a reason. I will ask him about it when he's back.

I didn't even want to try to clean his studio, for one: he probably wouldn't like that, two: I wouldn't know where to start and three: I would be too scared to touch any of his important instruments or equipment. I did clean the living room, bathroom and upstairs. I reorganised his clothes cause he definitely didn't know what was where, fuck knows how anything wasn't lost or needed an iron. That took most of the morning.
I now find myself back at work. Without a chase or a tease, work was dull, boring and very quiet. I didn't like it.
Ben was on shift with me today, we made casual conversation to take up time. We both recognised that this job isn't one to complain too much about. It pays fairly well, boss is nice and accommodating. Just boring on some days, can't really say too much about it.
"Some kegs outback need taking to the drop off point, the van comes today I think" checking the rota.
"Ok will do that then" Ben replies.
"I would if I could dude!" I say as he walks through the back door. I'm not totally weak, I'm better than I was, I can kind of carry a keg, but takes me twice as long. So the lads do it.
On the wall behind the bar door we have rota's, schedules and other important notices: Staff scheduling, deliveries, cleaning. I sign off the cleaning and the notice that says we don't have any strongbow left. I don't know why Phil makes us sign the notices? I don't know.
I walk out to the front, Eric is in again. He was apologetic to somewhat degree about last night. I shrugged it off. But with him is two other blokes, same as the pool match night. Before anything else could happen the door swings open, two more gentlemen walk in.

John Lennon and Ringo Starr.
Not again...

_______________
George's POV:

I wake up at 7:30 ready for another day of useless and endless meetings. It's all financial stuff really. I couldn't care. I could be broke tomorrow and still be happy, but there's contracts and lawyers that I've signed away on...
I need to set a plan for the next couple days. I know it's a Monday that Daisy normally has off but she told me that she changed it to Tuesday. I'm not sure why. I'm hoping to come back Wednesday or Thursday, wishing really.
I think if I get someone to baby sit Clapton, he won't be a problem.
I reach for my rooms phone.
"Hello lad, I've got a big favour to ask"
"Oh no..."
"Seriously if you do this I owe you massively!"
"I'm supposed to be with John today... he's not gonna like this.."
"Well he might?" I respond.
"Hmm intriguing, go on hazz"
"So, I'm away for a few days, and Daisy, y'know the bird I like? Well we're kinda a thing? I think no labels or whatever yet. ANYWAYS... Clapton came onto her last night whilst she was working and I can't leave to tell him to fuck off, so essentially- I need to someone to look after him... please Ritch I'm begging here. I'm asking you to go to a pub all night to drink!"
"That does sound alright..."
"C'mon I will pay for your tab!"
"Fine! Lennon won't say no, music and free drinks he will be up for that. Let's just see if his missus will let us."
"Ah fuck yea, take him anyway. He's whipped by her. But he likes it"
"I don't think your wrong mate" he laughs.
"Thanks so much! I will call you later!"
"Yea sure!"

That puts my mind to ease a bit. I won't tell Daisy, the guys will tell her or not. So I will wait. Not the biggest deal. It's not that I don't trust her, I don't trust Clapton. I trust my Daisy 100%, totally.
Right, I need to get up and dressed.
I had a thought last night after she went to bed, we should go to friar park. As much as I love that place I can't seem to live there permanently. The albums being recorded between my London apartment and the FPSHOT (Friar Park Studio, Henley-On-Thames). It's the dream to live permanently there and settle down properly. I think Daisy would appreciate the grounds. I could use the escape from the city. I need to reset.
Until then, meetings... meetings.... meetings.