A Rough Diamond on The Edges

BIJOU DOROTHY VAN MORENODaughter of DorothyThe Soul Sacrificed for Strife

Daughter of Dorothy
The Soul Sacrificed for Strife

As the ill-fated middle child, Bijou's ears are constantly forced to listen to irate shouts between her sister's warring opinions (to which she's become their professional mediator), sustain the weight of her mother's continued legacy, while also carrying her family name. Facts of her life are usually overshadowed by three simple things: her previous crimes, the messes her younger sister causes, and the black magic plagues and stains on her fingertips. 

Every day is a constant fight and battle to be recognized as something existing—both with other witches and her own mother. Noemie and Alodie suck so much energy out of the matriarch, Bijou struggles with the thought she's just there... for a reason, that's unknown, but she's in the background, just existing. 

That doesn't mean living an anonymous life doesn't have its perks, but can't someone wish to be recognized?

It was the chance encounter with a noble man of a thousand years that gave Bijou a reason not to go to the dark. To hold your family when they all fall, the man whispered and she cried. His wisest words fell onto waiting ears, yet her wavering eyes watched the man's mess of a family behind him. It was now a matter of how much Bijou was willing to sacrifice in helping her own family. Would they even help her?

 Would they even help her?

"That's not my fave photo of me

"That's not my fave photo of me. I had just burned a house down, so excuse my hair looking life an actual forest fire."

"Dark side? Everyone has it. Some hide it better than others, some wear proudly on their chest. My family's forced to wear theirs, but you, I know you have something darker under that suit."

"Every single day's a fight—to walk on the street, perform traditional magic, be recognized as a witch. I'm desperate to be something other than."

logan browning