5.

"hey" i pushed matt's door open, slowly.

matt flashed a quick look at me. "hey" he said quietly.

"is it okay if i sit down?" i gestured over to his bed.

"sure." he moved over a little so i could sit down. i walked over and sat on the edge of his bed.

"is something bothering you?" i said after a couple moments of silence between to two of us.

"no, why would you think that?" he set his phone down and looked up at me.

"i don't know, you just seem," i paused for a moment and turned to look at him, "like something is wrong."

he sat up in his bed a little. "it's stupid."

"it's not stupid if it's making you upset"

"no it actually is, char."

"matt, you can tell me anything. you know that right?"

we were now facing eachother. "it's just, i don't know. those comments." he said lifting his face up towards the ceiling , probably so he didn't have to look at me

"what are you talking about?" i asked.

"you and chris?" he was still trying to avoid eye contact.

"woah, that's why you're upset?" i questioned.

"they all thought you guys were flirting." he finally looked at me.

"matt, you know we weren't. chris and i are just friends and you know that." i said.

"i know, i told you it was stupid."

"it's okay, matt."

"i don't know why it made me so upset."

"hey, in the next video we can flirt with each other. then all of the comments will be about us." i laughed, trying to cheer him up.

"yeah, okay" he smiled.

"be careful now matty, i might start thinking someone likes me." i smiled back at him.

"shut up." he laughed. a couple minutes went by without us saying anything.

"so everything's good now?" i broke the silence.

"yeah. can we just make something up to nick and chris though. i'd never hear the end of it."

"of course, matt" i grabbed his hands to try to pull him out of his bed. "let's go downstairs now."

"okay, okay." he agreed.

as we walked down the stairs, hand in hand, i couldn't help but think about what matt said. why was he so upset? did this mean that he liked me more than a friend? i obviously didn't want to pry anything out of him since he was already in a mood, but it left me in a confusing place. the minute we got to where nick and chris could see us, matt pulled his hand away from mine.

"matt are you good?" chris said looking up at us. i looked down at our hands, already missing the feeling of mine in his.

"yeah sorry guys, i was just tired or something." matt replied. i rolled my eyes at his half assed answer.

for the rest of the night we all just chilled on our phones and made tik toks.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"stay still" i said quietly, trying to take a photo of matt and trevor. it was around 1 in the morning and matt was lying down on the couch with trevor. it was the cutest thing i had ever seen. "okay got it" i showed him the picture.

"can you please send that to me." matt's face lit up as soon as he had seen it.

"yes. that was the cutest thing ever." i said, smiling at the photo. matt got up from the couch and stood right behind me, peering over my shoulder at the photo. we stood there for a minute before he wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me closer. he rested his head on my shoulder and watched me send the photo to him.

"hey matt." i whispered.

"hmm?" he said quietly, not moving at all.

"i should probably be leaving soon."

"i know." he said, not moving.

"matt?" i said again, after what felt like minutes.

"okay sorry." he finally let go of me and ran off to find his keys. i opened their front door quietly, careful to not wake anyone up.

the car ride to my house was quiet except for music matt was playing. it wasn't the awkward kind of silence but instead the silence of just enjoying each other's presence. we finally got to my house and matt parked his van.

"see you tomorrow?" he asked turning his head to look at me.

"of course." i unbuckled the seat belt and smiled at him. i hesitated to open the door for a second, wondering if he'd say anything about tonight. whatever happened in the living room earlier wasn't really helping my confusion about us.

"okay bye." he shot me another smile before looking down to switch the song.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

hiii hope you all enjoyed this chapter. i've had a few chapters written for a few weeks so that's why i've been able to update so quickly. i still have a few left so i'll probably keep posting one a day for a little.

thank u so much for reading!