Part 35

"Are you okay? You don't look good.", mum asked upon entering our house.

I looked at her. Is it that obvious?

Maybe I look pale.

Ugh. I don't know.

"I'm just... exhausted.", I said.

Tyler's now out of danger. He's still unconscious but is now staying in a private room.

Tiffany and Peter stayed to look after Tyler. I want to see him when he wakes up but chose not to. It's weird enough that I was the last person he called before getting into an accident.

"Go freshen up. It's been a long day.", mum said as she drag her feet to the stairs.

"Aren't you going back to the hospital? Didn't Peter asked you to stay?", I asked.

It was weird. She paused as if I said something... weird? Or embarrassing? I don't know. Her reaction is out of the ordinary.

She smiled awkwardly. "Uhm, he said I could rest for the day."

Hmm. Something's off.

I don't have any idea on what's going on between the two of them so I shrugged it off. Lover's quarrel? Maybe? Well, whatever.

I dozed off after taking a warm bath. Nothing beats a good night sleep. Or should I say, morning sleep?

It was almost 9 o'clock in the morning when we got out of the hospital.

We had to make sure that Tyler's a hundred percent okay before leaving. For everyone's peace of mind, specially mine.

I woke up around 6pm. The sun is still up but the cold breeze makes everything feel surreal. The skies have streaks of red and violet clouds.

They're pretty.

Feels like I'm in a fairytale

But with no Prince Charming.

I heard three knocks on my door before mum spoke.

"Sweetie? Are you awake?"

"Yes mum.", I replied as I close my window.

"Get dressed and come eat downstairs. Uh, want to go to the hospital with me?", she asked as if I'm getting forced or something. Of course I'd want to.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be done within 15 mins."

I took a quick shower and wore my pair of jeans, white shirt and went down for dinner. I texted Sunny what happened to Tyler. She was shocked, of course, but she's also concerned on how I'm doing. 

Yeah. Am I doing fine?

Can I fool myself that I'm doing great? That I finally got over Tyler just to say I'm okay?

I don't know. I care about Tyler. I do... and still... love him. But that doesn't mean that I should go back to him. The road to him is a garden of rose full of thorns... filled with colorful broken glasses.