Part 27

I lay on my back, staring at my ceiling as the cold wind enters my room. The darkness and silence made the night more unbearable. The light from the post outside was enough for me to see things inside my room so I did not bother to open my lights.

It's better that way.

I closed my eyes and hugged my knees, as tears damp my cheeks.

The pain's slowly breaking me.

If I only stayed in the dark...

If only I didn't know...

It wouldn't hurt this much.

My lips tremble as I try to wipe my tears. I'm so fvcked up.

I heard footsteps outside followed by a few knocks on my door. I bit my lip and turned my back against the door, still hugging my knees.

Please mum, I don't want you to see me right now. I don't dare to face you. I'm so disappointed in myself.

"Sweetie?", she called. When I did not reply, I thought she was going to leave but I heard her talking with someone.

"She's not feeling well, Tyler. I think she's already passed asleep. Maybe you can talk to her tomorrow at school?"

It's been minutes and I thought they're gone when I heard a thump on my door.

"I know you're listening.", he whispered.

I crawled and sat at the end of my bed, listening to what Tyler had to say.

"I know you're mad, but please hear me out...It's not what you think.", his voice cracked.

My tears won't stop falling. I covered my mouth and whimpered as the pain becomes insufferable. 

"Please, Krysh... Babe."

You should have thought of that before lying to me. 

I looked at my door and tried my best not to open it.

No, Krysh. Stop your foolishness. Whatever reason Tyler has, It's not enough reason for him to toy with your feelings. I scold myself.

It's so unfair. You're so unfair! Why did you have to make me fall for you?

When you're not going to catch me after all?

I cried my heart out and fell asleep after Tyler left.

He tried to talk to me at school the next day but I did everything just to avoid him. It continued for a week. I was also thankful to Van, He was always there to help me. 

It turned out he knows that something's up between me and Tyler. How he heard about it is still a mystery. He was also at the restaurant when he saw me and I looked like I was about to burst into tears so he only thought of one thing... He ran to me and comforted me.

The engagement would be tomorrow and they're going to celebrate it at a resort. Since Mum's been seeing Van these past few days, she invited him to the celebration and Van agreed. 

Mum was out to run some errands for the engagement so I decided to walk my way home. It wasn't that far and I want some time for myself to think things through anyway.

I was about to turn to the next corner when a Black Coupe stopped in front of me. I halted and stared at the black car as its owner opened the door.

My heart stopped as everything around me froze. It feels like my feet are glued to the ground.

"T-Tyler...", I stuttered.

I took a step back when he walked towards me.

"D-don't come near me!"

"Krysh...Babe.", he whispered, his eyes turned soft when saw the pain in my eyes.

No, Krysh. No no no. Don't let yourself be fooled! You can't let him sway you again.

With my unsteady knees, I turned my back and tried to run but he held my wrist and pulled me closer.

"NO!!!!", I squealed. "Pleaseee!", I tried to take his grip off me. I even punched his chest several times just to get his hands off me.

FVCK IT TYLER!

Can't you just leave me alone?!

"Krysh, listen to me.", he said calmly. "Please, Babe. Let me explain."

I jerked my hand off him and slapped him.

"Explain?! I don't need an explanation from someone like you! You lied, Tyler. You lied to me!", I said, my throat starting to run dry.

My heart hammered against my chest as anger consumes me.

"You treated me like trash."

"No, I did not. That's not true!"

My vision started to get blurry.

"Yes, you did! I don't get you. Why do you have to do that? You liked Tiff from the very beginning! I knew it all along.", I faked a laugh.

"I saw it in your eyes but I still believed you! I believed you Tyler. Cause I like you! No, I already love you! That's why I chose to turn blind!", I cried.

It's getting harder to breathe.

"I crossed the line, Tyler. I crossed it for you. But it turns out you are not on the other end."

He was just staring at me, speechless of my sudden outburst.

I smiled bitterly.

"I'm not going to ruin my mother's happiness for someone like you. Someone undecided, an empty shell... someone who's never going choose me."

I walked past him and did not look back.