Part 31

"Did you argue with Van?", Sunny asked me, nudging my shoulders to get my attention.

I looked at Van who's sitting on the sofa, obviously avoiding me.

We went back to our suite after the party.

I did not talk to him after he confessed. I'm still mad he hid his relationship with Tiff. He could have told me from the very beginning!

Or is it Tiffany's plan?

I sighed. I don't know what to believe now. He has too many secrets.

"Just let him be.", I said, combing my hair.

Sunny moved closer to me and whispered, "Is something going on between you and Van?"

My eyes widened in surprise.

"W-what? Where did you get that idea?"

She shrugged. "Well, you've been hanging out with him lately. And now you're fighting. Smells like a lovers quarrel."

I shook my head in disagreement. I can't believe she thought Van and I are a thing!

We're friends.. or should I say, ex-friends?

I looked at Van. He was staring in our direction but he immediately averted his gaze when I caught him.

"Are you serious?", an irritating voice said.

Looks like Tiffany's eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Lovers quarrel? Krysh is not Van's type.", she said smugly.

Argh. She pisses me off!

"We're not asking for your opinion.", Sunny snapped at her.

"I'm just stating facts, darling. Krysh will never be Van's type."

"Do you think I care?", I spat. She was taken aback by my response. She didn't expect that.

"What did you just say?", she said raising an eyebrow at me.

Her tone was already telling me to stop. I would have backed off if I was the old Krysh.

I guess some things change. I just hope this change is for the better.

I stood up to level her eyes.

This is the first time I look her in the eyes. My eyes are always pinned on the floor.

It had been my habit to avoid eye contact. It's unsettling.

That's why I tried my best to stay out of their radar. But Tiff.. oh, Tiff always finds a way to get me. She doesn't stop bullying me. It's as if bullying me makes her day.

"I said, I don't care.", I said emphasizing the last three words.

I caught all of their attention. Sunny whistled in amusement.

I've never talked back. And me speaking up might be the best thing she has ever witnessed.

Tiffany's face grew red out of anger. She was embarrassed. And just like that, She snapped.

She threw her hands into the air and was about to slap me when Tyler finally stopped her.

"Can you stop? We're at my fathers' engagement party. And she's my sister."

My eyes narrowed to Tyler.

What the fuck was that? Sister? Sister my ass!

"Yeah, right.", I said mockingly. "I'm your fucking sister. And I don't get why you always meddle with my business."