Chapter 2 - Acceptance

Authors note: For some reason autocorrect keeps kicking in from time to time. I sometimes miss those mistakes, as my phone keeps loosing connection and forces me to rush out updates a bit]

Madam Ch'en was idly sitting in her office, rubbing her fingers out of frustration while mountains of paperwork were left untouched.

She was too worried about fate of her friend to do anything, and he telltale itching around crotch area was warning about imminent approach of Y/N.

The question was not where, but how much damage and if she has enough time for a quick scratch.

"Eh, who cares..." She unbuttoned her shorts "I've suspended his driving license, so it can't get worse than... Wait, what's this souOH FUCK!"

She looked through the window and barely dropped on the floor it time.

Ear shattered sound of crushing concrete and tearing metals echoed through whole Lungmen as the plane parked in an empty office nearby, while her own was cut in half by a wing.

"WHAT. THE. FUCK." Ch'en pulled herself out of rubble and grabbed her head while looking at the damaged.

Y/N on other hand proudly exited the plane after his first successful landing.

"Motherfucker, what the hell you just did?!" Ch'en shouted.

"I came" Y/N casually fixed his coat and walked out of the room, heading towards still intact staircase.

Meanwhile Ch'en was left alone with mental breakdown, imaging the massive amount of paperwork after this.

After picking up some yellow flowers from nearby vase, Y/N took a deep breath, recited one prayer to illuminati, and knocked at the door.

"Come in, Doc" A familiar voice answered.

He entered and his heart jumped upon seeing a tall oni girl sitting behind the desk.

The max CC risk was at reach of his hand, yet so far at the same time. Golden light and a rainbow were the only things he needed to reach the ultimate glory...

"Sit down already, don't bore people with monolog" Hoshiguma pointed at the chair in front of her desk "You got permits or..."

Y/N whipped out credit card without saying anything.

"Ten pulls until decline as per usually?"

"Yes"

"Well, break a leg" Hoshiguma pulled out a recruitment bag from under the desk.

Y/N pulled out the zipper and was greeted by golden light, but no rainbow.

Common fate, nothing to worry about.

Second bag - Blue light. Disappointing but expected.

Third, fourth, and fifth - Blue again. The internal screaming slowly became audible.

Sixth bag confirmed existence of god, because satan is clearly out there.

"Well, that's some... luck" Hoshiguma commented as white light erupted from the bag "Maybe you should sit this day out?"

"No, the pity has reached the point of no return... There are twenty more pulls, let's do singles now!"

"Sure, I have two weeks off for this anyway" Hoshiguma shrugged as she started pulling bags seemingly out of nowhere.

Blue, white, Kal'tsit stepdaughter, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue...

"I can feel it in my bones, YOU'RE COMING HOME DORITO MUMMY!"

Hoshiguma awkwardly smiled and slided the card once more.

"Sorry, Doc. Your card was declined"

"NANI?!" Y/N shoot up from the seat "I still have eleven--"

Phone in his pocket vibrated and he immediately pulled it out.

[Annoying'Cat: I've deducted the repair cost of Jessica's car that you've wrecked. Hopefully this will teach you a lesson, because you'll be paying for plane too if something happens to it]

Soon after read this, his knees gave up and he dropped on the floor in despair.

"Don't worry about it, Doc, you will have more than enough after weekly reset..." Hoshiguma tried to cheer him up.

"No, Kal'tsit will claim that for damage I've caused. I need... I NEED TO..." Y/N quickly ran out of office.

Angry Ch'en was waiting for him outside with handcuffs.

"Ch'en, quickly! You're one of main characters in the story, give me a sidequest with headhunting permit as reward!"

"Oh, don't worry Doctor" Ch'en answer with malicious grin "I've already got one right the in jail cell"

"Ten dates..." Y/N quickly proposed, turning Ch'en's face into shade of red.

"W-what are telling to unmarried woman in her t-thirties--"

"...And a weeding dress"

The ultimate anti-virgin strat turned Ch'en into red, steamy mess.

"I-I don't have any permits, but I've heard about some rumors in Yan..."

"TELL ME! I ONLY HAVE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS UNTIL CONTINGENCY ENDS!" Y/N startled her with sudden shout.

"They say that an occult appeared within KFC Exclusion Zone, worshipping ancient crystal supposedly guarding the legendary first headhunting permit. But you can tell that this is load of bull-"

"GRAVEL, METEOR, AND SORA. WE'RE HEADING OFF TO GATES OF MORDOR!"

The called out trio froze in place as Y/N approached them and immediately filled them in.

Gravel just accepted everything with a smile. Meteor and Sora on other hand were still shaken up from landing, not saying anything as Doctor dragged them off for an adventure.

"What the hell did I feel in love with...?" Ch'en covered her face with hand from embarrassment.

'...And yet, I still want to fuck him'