Ch. 25 - 𝙍𝘼𝘿𝙄𝙊 𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀

Start from the beginning

"He's not real. Trust me. I've lost a lot of people in my life. It's a long list, and I don't feel like adding to it." Malia said as Lydia stared digging around the glove box and scoffed. "You might not have to... Not if we get him back." She said and then pulled out a paper and read it over before holding up a registration form for the jeep.

"This is from '96. And there's no name." Lydia said as she read it over, "But there's an address. 129 Woodbine Lane." Malia said and realization crossed over Lydia's face.

"I know that address."

Later that day Lydia pulled up to the school where Scott and Ivory stood in front of the tow truck guy next to the jeep. "We already paid you for that drop fee." Scott said and the guy shrugged, "Yeah, and I dropped it, all right? Now, I'm picking it up again." The guy said as Lydia walked up to them.

"How much? I'll write you a check." She said and the guy shook his head, "It's not about how much- they want it out of here, okay? It's not up to me." He said and went to walk over to the jeep but Ivory stood in the way. "Don't make me move you, kid. Okay? I'm hookin' this thing up and I am towing it away." The guy said and Ivory just raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest.

Before anyone could say anything there was a squeaking sound making them look over to see Malia pulling the hook off the rope. "Your truck's broke." She said as she handed him the hook while he looked at her crazy and she just smiled.

A little while later Scott and Lydia were falling asleep in the jeep and Malia and Ivory stood outside when all of the sudden a loud roar made them jump up. "What the hell?" Scott muttered as they climbed out of the jeep and ran over to Malia and Ivory. "Did you hear that?" Malia asked and Ivory nodded, "I think all of Beacon Hills heard that." She said.

"Who is it?" Scott asked and Malia shook her head, "I'm not sure, but I think I recognize it." Malia said and all glanced at each other. "Go!" Lydia said and almost instantly, Scott and Malia ran off.

Lydia sat in the driver side seat staring at set keys that she was holding, Scott in the passenger seat and Ivory in the back. A few minutes ago Scott ran back to the jeep with a set of keys. Apparently they had found a burnt up Peter Hale who had keys in his hand.

Lydia took a deep breath before putting the keys in the ignition and turning them. The engine sputtered but didn't turn on making her sigh and stop before turning them again. "Don't flood it." Scott said from the back seat making Ivory look at him, "Do you even know what that means?" She asked making Scott glance back at her, "Not really." Scott said.

Lydia took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a second before putting the key back in and turning it. This time it worked and the jeep came to life making their eyes widen and they all chuckled happily. They all sat there for a moment waiting for something to happen but nothing did.

All of the sudden the police scanner turned on and radio static came through making them jump. Scott went to turn it down but then a voice came through, "Hello?"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait." Ivory said as a voice started to come through again, "Hello? Is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?" They said making Lydia look up at Scott and Ivory with glossy eyes. She quickly pulled off the mic and held a button down, "Stiles?" She asked and then Scott and Ivory leaned closer. "Stiles?" Scott asked, "Are you there?" Ivory asked and they waited for a moment.

"Scott? Ivory? Lydia? Is that you?" Stiles asked over the radio making them all let out a relieved chuckled, "Oh, my God, Stiles! We can hear you!" Lydia said as tears slightly clouded her vision.

"Oh, my God. You know me? You remember me?"

"Stiles, is thi-is this you? Is this actually you?"

"Yeah. It's me... Do you remember the last thing I said to you?" He asked and Lydia thought for a moment, "You said... You said 'Remember I love you'." She said making Ivory smile softly as they could hear him let out a breath of relief.

"Are you okay?" Ivory asked and Lydia leaned forward a bit, "Where are you?" She asked. "We're comin' to get you." Scott said and almost instantly, Stiles's voice came through.

"No, no, no. You can't. You won't be able to find me."

"Stiles, what-what are you talking about? Just tell us where you are, and we'll- we'll come and..." Scott said and Stiles cut him off. "Look, just remember this- Canaan. Okay? You have to find Canaan. Just find Canaan." Stiles said and then the radio went static again making their eyes widen.

"Stiles? Stiles!"