Ch. 25 - 𝙍𝘼𝘿𝙄𝙊 𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀

Start from the beginning

"Oh, this is your vehicle?" He asked and she rolled her eyes again, "Does it matter?" She asked and he scoffed. "Sounds like a no." He said and she went to say something but Scott and Ivory ran up to them. "It's mine! Uh, my Jeep. Thank you. I'll move it... once I get the keys... from my locker... after you leave." Scott said.

"I'm sorry. Once it's on the hook-" The guy started to say but Ivory cut him off, "If you dare say 'You're on the hook' I will get you fired." She said making him frown. "Well, I can't now." He said and went to move but Scott spoke up, "Oh, I... Okay, look, there's gotta be something that we can do. Sign something? Call someone-"

"Pay someone?" Lydia asked making the guy look over at her for a moment before smirking, "Drop fee is a hundred and fifty. Cash." He said and Scott's eyes widened. "A hundred and fifty? This thing isn't even worth that much." Scott said, looking over at Lydia, who just rolled her eyes as she pulled out her wallet.

"How much you got?" Lydia asked as Scott counted his money, "Uh, how much have you got?" He asked and she rolled her eyes slightly. "Just give me your money." She said and Ivory pulled out a twenty and handed it to Lydia. "All I have is fifty dollars. And when I say "all," I mean all..." Scott said and Lydia just grabbed his money before handing it to the guy.

He smirked before detaching the jeep and walking over to his truck. "Hey." Scott said making Lydia look over at him, "You know I don't actually have the keys to this thing, right?" He said and she glanced at the jeep and shrugged.

"Well, now we have a jeep."

Ivory and Lydia walked down the hall, talking until all of the sudden they heard a loud high pitched ringing making them stop. "You heard that too right?" Lydia asked and Ivory nodded, "I heard it." She said. "Where did it come from?" Lydia asked and Ivory furrowed her brows for a moment. "I think have an idea where." She said before walking towards the front doors and out of the school, Lydia following behind her. They stopped when they walked up to the jeep where they could hear radio static.

Seconds later Scott and Malia ran up to them, "It's coming from inside." Lydia said and Scott and Malia walked over to the driver side door. Scott pulled on the handle but the door was locked making him sigh. "Did somebody just lock the keys inside?" Malia asked, "Break it." Ivory said making them glance over at her.

Scott turned back to the jeep and pulled on the handle until the lock broke. In the middle if the front seats sat a police scanner where the static was coming from.

Ivory, Scott, Lydia and Malia looked around the jeep until the police scanner suddenly went quiet making them stop. "Why'd it stop?" Malia asked from the backseat next to Scott as Lydia looked at it, "It doesn't matter." She said as she flipped one of the switches but it never went back on making her sigh.

"There has to be a reason." She mumbled and then Scott sniffed the air and looked around confused. "Did you catch a scent?" Ivory asked making him look over at her, "Yeah, uh... Ours. Mine, yours... all four of us."

"Mine? I've never been in this Jeep before." Malia said and Scott shrugged, "Neither have I." He said and Lydia sighed. "Yes, we have. We just don't remember it." She said. "I thought we were done with that?" Malia said making Lydia roll her eyes while Scott nodded slightly.

"Lydia, Parrish checked the VIN number. There's no record of an owner." Ivory said and Lydia just shrugged. "Well, the Jeep didn't just drive itself here." She said and Ivory and Scott nodded slightly when they realized she had a point making Malia scoff, "Whose side are you on?" She asked making Scott's eyes widen.

"I'm on everyone's side." He said and Malia looked at Ivory who shrugged slightly, "Oh, I'm on Lydia's side. She scares me." Ivory said making Malia roll her eyes.