nine

It was nearly midnight by the time the freshly painted Nissan Skyline had rolled up to the curb, just outside of Hyunji's dormitory.

Her night drive with Jisung had proved to be wonderful, and the two had conversed alongside each other, warmth in their hearts, peaceful after the exhilerating events of the race.

"Did you enjoy it?" The blue-haired racer asked, the corner of his lips twitching upwards as he saw her smile.

"Very much so," The Park girl answered. "Thank you for bringing me home. Again,"

"If it's okay with you," J.One ran a hand through his hair, his eyes looking everywhere but the girl in front of him. "Could we... possibly meet up again? I like spending time with you,"

When he received no reply from the girl, Jisung shook his head, his cheeks tinted with pink. "Forget it. I shouldn't have- "

"No!" The girl blurted. "I mean, yes, no. I would like that. To meet up. With you,"

Both of their cheeks were beginning to tint with red, neither making eye contact, but the butterflies that flitted in their stomachs reminded them of what they were feeling.

Taking a small step forward, Hyunji found herself grinning before planting a small kiss on the cheek of the racer, who had turned crimson at the contact.

"Goodnight, Jisung,"

...

Park Seolhee was a beautiful young woman, and despite being a brilliant, kind-hearted doctor, many easily mistaked her for a model owning Korea's runways.

She and Hyunji resembled each other so much, that it was hard to believe that the firstborn Park was four years older than her sister. Most mistaked them for twins.

Back in her high school days, Seolhee had always been the forefront of attention, especially on White Day. Her desk would be full of blooming flowers, sweets, chocolates and a multitude of other gifts. 

Despite her older sister being the 'golden child', popular, adored by all, Hyunji had never felt a resentment towards her. Only she knew how much Seolhee had struggled as a child and even as an adult.

After her marriage, Seolhee had moved a little far from Seoul, but the two sisters always made sure that they met up at least once a month, and this month, they had met up at a cafe famous for its drinks.

"Hyunji! Over here!" A petite young woman waved the younger Park girl over and the two hugged, glad to see each other once more.

"God, look at you! I swear you're growing every month!" Seolhee beamed. "Even taller than me!"

"And you're just as small as you always were," Hyunji teased, earning a reproachful look from her older sister. "How have you been?"

"Exhausted," The older admitted. "So many patients, so many things to do. I haven't really had a break, but I'm taking a vacation from next week, so hopefully I can rest up. Mother doesn't quite approve, but I told her that if I work any longer than that, I'm going to collapse,"

Hyunji frowned at the mention of her mother's words. Lee Hanna didn't seem to quite realise just how tired her oldest child seemed. Seolhee was thinner, and dark circles rimmed her eyes. If you looked closely, one could easily tell how drained she was.

"Mother never understands," Hyunji muttered, taking a sip from her coffee. "She doesn't ever try to,"

"It's true," Seolhee nodded. "But it's because of them that we were able to- "

"Get a good education, have our lives laid out in front of us without any difficulties, yes, I know. But when have they ever asked us for what we wanted? What our dreams were? If we were happy? Especially you!"

"Seolhee, you sacrificed the love of your life for their sake,"