four

"We're meeting up at the café after classes, right?" Hyunji confirmed as she and Miso stopped beneath the branches of a blossom tree, the path splitting into two different ways.

One of them was directed towards the medical school, where the country's best were aiming for positions as doctors and medical directors. The other led to the engineering classes, where other were setting their sights upon working with the best projects that were sure to come up in the future.

"Yeah, we are, and Seungmin is joining us too, is that okay?" Miso glanced up at her best friend who nodded.

"That's fine," She answered. "See you later,"

"Bye!" 

The two girls waved before parting, Hyunjin tightening the hold on the strap of her bag as she made her way up the stairs to the lecture rooms. 

Seeing Seungmin reminded her of the race, and the race reminded her of a certain blue-haired boy with looks that could kill.

...

"Seungmin, you're such a brat," Jang Miso pouted as the Kim boy grabbed her drink, taking a long drag before placing back on the table, a smirk settled upon his face. "Your germs are on the glass now,"

"Pathogens," Hyunji mumbled, earning confused expressions from the disputing pair.

"We're not exactly allowed to say 'germs' in our exams, and when you said it, I - never mind," The Park girl shook her head, reaching for the sponge cake that she had ordered. "Seungmin, you're studying engineering?"

"Yes, Miso and I met when she needed to borrow a pen and we became friends," Seungmin ran a hand through his purple locks. "After graduation I want to be able to officially become the mechanic of our cars back at the compound,"

Hyunji frowned. "I thought you already were,"

"Not officially. I just help out and do what I can most of the time, but when the cops do their checkings, technically, I'm not supposed to be there. But once I get my degree in this stuff, I won't be scolded,"

"You're always such a surprise, aren't you," Miso teased. "You look like a puppy, but you're also the mechanic of street races, who isn't actually supposed to be involved,"

"Well, you're not supposed to be there either," The Kim boy retorted. "When I refused to come bowling with you and Hyunji, you decided to follow me and see what I was up to,"

"Is that why you cancelled our bowling date back then?" Hyunji feigned a disappointed expression at the Jang girl. "Miso, how could you? For a street race!"

"I just wanted to know what he was up to!" She tried to defend herself. "And his tone was so... mysterious. And you know I can't resist these kind of things. I just had to know,"

"Anyway," Seungmin's voice diverted the attention back towards him as he leaned back in his seat. "Are you single, Miss Park?"

The sly comment earned the boy a light smack on his arm from Miso, but he simply laughed, earning a smile from Hyunji.

"I was kidding, I'm not going to ask you out," Seungmin grinned. "But the question still remains, are you single?"

The Park girl nodded. "I was in a relationship from the second year of high school, and we were together for three years, but we ended things,"

"Interesting," 

...

The scent of diesel and petrol mixed with a hint of asphalt drifted through the garage, a puddle of oil nearly staining Seungmin's shoes as he narrowly dodged it. 

As he approached the Nissan Skyline that he was tasked with repairing, he rolled his eyes, spotting the owner of the car beneath the vehicle, tufts of blue hair peeking out from the bumper of the car.

"You weren't patient enough for me to arrive, so you already started? God, you're so annoying," The Kim muttered, pulling Jisung back out.

The racer was dressed in black sweatpants and a tank top of the same colour. His arms gripped a spanner and some other utensils and a small spot of oil tainted his cheek.

"And why are you dressed so nicely for repairs?" Jisung shot back, eyeing his friend's appearence. "You look weird,"

"Thanks," Seungmin snickered. "And I was meeting Miso and Hyunji after classes, which reminds me, we have homework due,"

"Hyunji?" Jisung's ears perked up at the name of the girl he had met at his last race. "She was there,"

"That's what I just said, idiot,"

Jisung said not a word, returning to his work, his back turned to the Kim boy. 

But the corners of his lips twitched upwards to a smile.

Hyunji.