cheek kisses

—

"This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there." Derek said as he looked at the three werewolves in front of him.

"Derek, they killed someone." Scott expressed, the frustration clear in his tone.

"How are they moving so fast?" The older man mumbled to himself.

"Derek." Leilani tries to gain his attention but to no avail. He refused to listen to anyone that didn't one hundred percent agree with what he had to say.

"But they can't be that fast on foot."

Leilani looked at the man with raised brows. This was exactly why she knew she should've stayed home with Jessica.

The same Jessica who was currently examining a dead body. Though Leilani was unaware of that.

"They killed someone. Someone totally innocent is dead. And it's our fault." Scott said.

Derek lowered his head, "It's my fault."

"Eh, debatable." Leilani muttered.

"We need help." Scott told them.

"We have Isaac now." He gestured to the Lahey boy that was currently leant up against a tree.

"He means real help." The only girl in the group scoff before her eyes grew wide and she turned her attention to an extremely offended Isaac. "No offense or anything—"

"They're too fast for us, for all of us." As Scott said this, he was blind to the raised eyebrow he got from Leilani.

Isaac, however, caught on and couldn't help but wonder what the Lewis girl could be hiding.

•••

"You didn't have to follow me home." Lydia said as the three teens walk in her room.

"We really didn't." Stiles muttered in agreement, looking over at the blonde with raised brows.

"I just wanted to make sure she got home safe." Carter mumbled, slightly embarrassed by their attention. She didn't understand why she suddenly felt the need to protect the one person she hates most in the world.

"I had a police escort." Lydia glanced at the girl. Lydia was confused, and rightfully so. She could have sworn Carter hated her.

"Stiles knows the inner workings of the police force, okay? And so do I, my dad's a cop." She crossed her arms over her chest, "And from what i've heard, they aren't really reliable."

"Well, we didn't have to follow her in her room." Stiles spoke matter of factly, moving so he was leant up against the doorway.

"You know what? You're right. We're gonna leave." Carter turned to walk out, gesturing for Stiles to do the same.