"Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!" Mirabel yelled annoyed, "You may have brainwashed your little boyfriend but you can't do the same to me."

I looked back at Camilo as he looked back at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, did he really think I brainwashed him? Did he really think I didn't love him for him? Or did he believe me and thought Mirabel was just going crazy.

I looked back at Mirabel, "You know what Mirabel?"

"What?" She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"I don't care if you come back with me, just let my family go or I'll tell my friend down there to eat every single one of your crew mates up." I said seriously, pointing to the mound of dirt that had stopped moving until it had its orders.

"Foolish girl! Just let the family go!" I heard a few of the men shout to Mirabel from behind the buildings.

She laughed maniacally, "Are you psychotic y/n?"

I smiled and shrugged, "Maybe, I've done some pretty crazy things."

She rolled her eyes,"And why would I let your family go? I have something valuable to you."

I sighed, "What do you want in return for my family?"

"Your power." She smiled.

I looked at my hands and then at Camilo who shook his head slowly. I took my first glance at my parents.

"Don't to it y/n." I heard my mom whisper, "Remember, do the right thing." She smiled.

One of the teenaged boys nodded, "Whatever it takes." He tried to show me a genuine smile.

At that moment I had noticed that there were two boys in the cage. One looked to be 18 and the other a bit younger, 15? 16? I never remembered having any older brothers. Maybe they were family friends.

I looked back at my hands. Abuela's words started to replay in my head. I am powerful, I have strong powers. Giving it to the enemy would be foolish, right now was not the time to make stupid mistakes.

I put on a smirk and looked up at Mirabel, "Nah, I think I'm okay."

"You know what I could do to your family?" Mirabel shouted angrily.

"What could you do?" I asked, trying to keep a serious face.

"Stuff." Mirabel stammered.

I laughed, "You have no idea do you?"

"Yes I do!" Mirabel said defensively.

I put my hand out, "Then go ahead. Do it now." I said smiling.

Now don't think I'm crazy, because even though I am..I was certain this was going to work out. I just knew it.

I felt a pull on my hand as I got twisted around. I opened my eyes to look straight at Carlos's. A few moments passed until he realized what he just did and quickly let go of me as I brushed myself off awkwardly. I looked at Camilo who had his arms folded and glared at Carlos angrily.

"Y/n, just because you hate your family doesn't mean you can just let Mirabel kill them!" Carlos whisper shouted at me.

I gave him a confused look, "What the heck?! Carlos where did you get that idea!?" I whisper shouted at him back, I'm not letting Mirabel kill them!"

"W-well you practically just told Mirabel to do whatever she wanted to them!" Carlos stammered.

"Oh for the love of god." I muttered to myself, putting my hand on my forehead.

"C'mon Carlos, could you get any more dumber?" Camilo whisper shouted.

I looked up to see Camilo who was not on the other side of the dirt mound and was now, looking straight at Carlos, standing next to me.

"Actually yes, anyone can get dumber stupid." Carlos rolled his eyes.

"Look, it's pretty obvious Mirabel has nothing planned right now. And I do, so I got this. Just let me handle this." I whispered to the both of them before turning back around to Mirabel.

"You ready to show me your ruthless plan M?" I asked smiling.

Mirabel nodded her head, trying to act confident, "Of- well of course. And you get the front row seat! But- I'm only allowing one person to get our first."

I nodded as I looked at my family in the cage, my mom had her hands on the younger boy's shoulders and my dad was putting his hand on the older teenager. For some reason, I had an interesting gut feeling about the younger one. I looked at him and it felt like as if we were just reading each other's minds, it's like we were connected by the mind. It's like we could've heard each other's thoughts.

"Take the youngest one out first." I ordered.

"Why?" Mirabel raised her eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes, "Does it matter why? You just want to hurt them don't you?"

"True," Mirabel shrugged, "Alright let the youngest one out first!" Mirabel shouted as a man opened the cage and put the key in his pocket while 2 other men held onto the boy.

As soon as the boy put his first foot out of the cage, he turned invisible.

"AY! WHERE'D HE GO?!" one of the men said.

I looked at the sight in amazement as the keys starting floating up in the air from the man's pocket and just like that it turned invisible.

"WHERE'S THE KEYS!?" The other man said, patting his pockets.

Mirabel groaned in annoyance, "UGH! YOU DUMBASSES!"

"HEY! WHY DON'T YOU TRY DOING OUR JOB!" The man shouted back.

I looked at the cage as I saw the keys start to float in the air and into the lock. The family quickly snuck out while the quarrel started to get louder.

"WHAT is..going on here?!" I heard a manly and familiar voice scold.

I looked at the cowboy as he put his hat up so I could see his eyes, "Devin?"

"I see you remember me y/n." The cowboy gave me a smile.

I smirked, "Oh how could I possibly forget someone as stupid as you."

He got angry as he took a look at the cage.

"YOU STUPID BAFOONS! WHERE IS THE FAMILY!?" Devin shouted as some of the men started to bump into each other and run in different directions chaotically.

I quickly took Camilo and Carlos's wrists as we hid into an alleyway where my family went.

"Mom?" I said as I looked up at the familiar woman's face.

Sorry I didn't post last night! This chapter is slightly longer, enjoy :) And dw, Mirabel will ofc get back to normal soon, or maybe you'll never know!!