Family

"Remember them y/n?" Mirabel smiled.

I looked at her and then back at my family, "How did you- how do you even have my family?" I said quietly.

"Very easy actually, I just partnered up with Devin." Mirabel responded.

I looked at her with a stiff face, "Devin?"

"The cowboy. The one who barged into Encanto?" Mirabel said.

My eyes widened, "M..you partnered up with him!?" I shouted in disbelief.

She smirked, "My loyalty in exchange for a gift, do you know how much pain I've been through without one y/n?"

My face filled with sympathy, "Mirabel.."

"DON'T!" She snapped angrily.

I decided to shut up. When Mirabel was angry, it was best to not make a sound.

"Y/n, we have been best friends since we were 5, it's like we just instantly clicked. But, after a while we got older and you ended up getting a gift! Did you ever once think about me?" Mirabel said, tearing up.

"Mirabel, it's not about a gift-" I started.

"SAYS YOU! You HAVE a gift, of course it is easy for you!" She said angrily.

I knew this wasn't the Mirabel we all knew, Devin must've done something to her.

"You're just as good without your gift Mirabel!" I snapped.

"But I can be better with it!" She started to smile looking at the power she held in her hands.

I shook my head slowly, "Having no gift was what made you unique Mirabel."

"That's not true, without my gift I was nobody." She said darkly.

I looked at her, there was no red in her eyes. She wasn't angry, she was just..blinded by anger. Jealousy.

"You were my friend." I said.

"Ok and? Being your friend isn't that important." Mirabel scoffed.

"Not when I don't have an excuse to not hurt you." I said with a straight face, glinting my eyes at her.

"Y/n..you can't be serious." Camilo whispered.

I whispered back to him, "Of course not Camilo. Just-"

"Shut up bro!" Carlos whisper shouted.

"You're not as powerful as you think." Mirabel said, starting to stand up straight showing that she wasn't scared at all.

I tilted my head and gave her a little smirk, "Is that a challenge?"

"No it's just the truth." Mirabel sneered.

I shrugged, "Really? Let's test that out." I smiled as I opened my hands as my palms hovered over the ground. The ground started to shake as all the men that were hiding behind the corners started to shout and run away. Mirabel looked at the ground trembling under her feet.

I looked behind me as I saw a big mound of dirt trail a creature that traveled underground.

"What..is that?" Carlos whispered in fear.

"A little friend." I said back, looking at it coming closer. It was coming straight for me, as Camilo and Carlos stood by the side in shock.

"That doesn't look little at all." Camilo said pointing to it. His mouth was wide open.

I looked at Mirabel, "Mirabel, you can stop this. Just with one flick of my hand and you'll never have to meet the creature under here. You're special- you'd still be my best friend even without a-" I started.