Broken Door?

Dolores sighed with little disappointment, trying not to make it look too obvious, "Viola."

I had to say, I was quite shocked. I blinked repeatedly to avoid tears and sighed quietly, speechless. I stayed quiet, holding my breath as I waited for someone's reaction but everyone stood quiet, except Viola who smiled at Nic happily.

I looked at Carlos and Camilo who gave me sympathetic and sad looks as I walked over to Viola.

I put out my hand, "Congratulations." I mumbled.

"Congratulations?" Viola asked confused.

"Well?" I said, shaking my hand waiting for her to shake it.

She looked at Nic and shook it as she smiled.

Well I guess this was it. Viola got my room, Viola got to live in Casita, Viola got the life I was too busy for. Too busy fixing everyone else's shit. But I saved the Encanto, and Mirabel would still be my best friend, and just hopefully, Camilo and Carlos would still hang out with me. Those memories that I've shared, were priceless. Not even Viola could remake them any better.

Later that evening, all the Madrigals hosted a tiny dinner in celebration of Viola's stay. I didn't really care, because I didn't even go. I had to stay home, at my old house in the village as I stayed locked in my room with the only entertainment which was reading a book and sketching with a broken pencil and a single piece of paper.

I didn't talk for most of the day, my mind was honestly blank. What was there even to say? O couldn't help but replay the feeling of the silent judging and the "oh I feel so bad for her," type of stares as soon as Viola's name was called. But there wasn't much I could do, and I wasn't going to sit around and feel bad for myself. Well not forever that is, today is an exception so let me be.

I spent the day reading a book about a boy who was abandoned by his family and had to learn to live in the forest by himself just to waste time. Before I knew it, it was night and I had to blow out my candle. I laid on my bed, in the dark, in the cold silence that seemed unmercifully lonely.

As I was just about to sleep I heard the floorboards creak. I quickly opened my eyes but didn't move a single muscle. I pretended to be asleep as I eyed at my broken, but sharp, pencil laying on my desk.

"Y/n-" the voice said as I quickly got up and grabbed the pencil, facing the point to the opposite side of the bed.

"Who are you!" I shouted defensively.

"Y/n, it's me! Carlos? Hold Pencil! Don't stab!" Carlos exclaimed jokingly.

My eyes widened as I sighed softly. I transported a tiny flame from my finger to the candle as I sat back down on my bed, looking at Carlos with a plate of food.

"How did you even get in here?" I looked at him.

He smiled, "I told you, I can travel through mirrors." He said as he looked at my full body mirror, which rested peacefully on the peeling dry paint wall.

My face relaxed into a small smile, "For once, I enjoy your gift."

Carlos ran his fingers through his hair as he made a face at the mirror, "I mean, I am pretty awesome and good looking aren't I?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "What are you doing here Carlos?"

"I came to give you this, thought you'd be starving." He said as he softly placed the plate onto my bed.

I looked at the plate of food, two arepas, one empanada, some mixed fruits, a corn and some of Julieta's lemonade.

I smiled as I took the fork, "Thanks Carlos."

"That's what I'm here for." He winked as I started to eat.

We spent a few hours talking, Carlos just leanedon my wall as I sat on my bed eating. We eventually came to the point where Carlos, started to get tired.

"Tired Carlos?" I teased as he yawned, midway through talking.

"I'm never tired." He rolled his eyes.

"Sure, totally." I said as I munched on a cut up piece of pineapple.

"I'm telling the-" he started as he stopped talking, furrowing his brow.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"Someone's home." Carlos said scared as he looked at me.

"Probably my dad, you should go." I said as I pushed him to the mirror.

"You sure it's your dad y/n?" Carlos asked, hesitating to walk through the mirror.

"Eh about 80% sure?" I lied as he took a step in the mirror.

I watched as Carlos walked through the mirror and out of sight.

"Y/n? What are you doing at the mirror?" A familiar voice asked as I turned around to look at Camilo who stood at my bedroom door.

"Well you're not my dad." I murmured to myself.

"What?" Camilo asked confused.

"Um nothing! I was just- you know- checking out my outfit." I lied with an awkward smile.

Camilo looked at me confused, "You were checking out yourself in your pajamas?"

I nodded, "My pajamas are very iconic," I said as I headed back to my head, "And anyway Camilo, what are you even doing here?"

He started to walk into my room with a bowl of ice cream and some water, "I thought you might've wanted some food."

And that's when I looked at my plate on my table that still had some of Julieta's food on it, please don't let Camilo notice that.

I took it and smiled softly, "Thanks." I said as I let it rest in my lap.

Finally, Carlos gave me a real meal but Camilo gave me dessert. I couldn't have been any more grateful.

"Are- are you okay?" Camilo asked as he sat next to me.

I shrugged, "Could be better I guess, if I wasn't grounded." I rolled my eyes as I started at the ice cream.

"I'm sorry you didn't win." Camilo said sadly.

I looked at him and smiled disappointedly, "Life isn't always fair, it's okay. I'll live."

"Well, I guess that's one way to think about it." Camilo said disappointedly.

"Hey, we can always still hangout. Just because I won't be at Casita 24/7 doesn't mean I won't be visiting." I said as an tried to brighten the mood.

"Y/n." Camilo said suddenly.

"Yeah?" I asked as I took another scoop of ice cream.

"I asked my Tio, to see my future and-" He started.

"And?" I asked eagerly. Bruno was always known for seeing the future, but it always ended with sad or depressing consequences. After casita was rebuilt, Bruno could've seen anything if you just asked and if he was actually willing to do it. Wether it was supposed to be a bad memory or a good memory, he could do it.

Just as Camilo started to open his mouth my door whipped open.

"Y/n!" Mirabel shouted as the door knob slammed into the wall.

"Mirabel?!" I asked surprised for a moment.

"Wait- Camilo why are you-" Mirabel started, "Actually- that doesn't matter."

"Mirabel! What's wrong?" I asked as I put the bowl down on my nightstand and stood up.

"Viola!" Mirabel shouted breathlessly.

"What? What about Viola!?" I asked as I let her catch her breath first.

"Something's wrong with your room!" Mirabel exclaimed.

I looked at Camilo and then I looked back at Mirabel, "What are you talking about?"

"The door..it- it won't open. After Viola touched the doorknob, it..stopped glowing."

What happened to y/n's door? Why did it stop glowing? Enjoy the chapter and good night :)