Illusions

I felt a soft hand bring my chin up, I looked at Camilo.

"Hey amor, it's okay. We're going to get through this." He smiled.

I turned my head away from him slowly, "You're not my Camilo, fuck off!" I shouted angrily.

The figure changed from Camilo to my..mother.

"Y/n? Darling!?" The figure shouted worriedly, "Oh my gosh, I thought I would've never ever found you!" She exclaimed as she hugged me close.

I was in shock at first, I mean the house must've known what would have made me soft. The figure just had to change into something that would make me let down my guard. I couldn't help it but let a tiny smile appear on my face as I hugged the figure, or well, 'my mom'.

"Oh how I've missed you." The figure said, as she started to stroke my hair.

A tear fell down my cheek, "Oh how I wish you were real." I whispered to myself.

"What was that dear?" The figure said.

"Nothing." I said sadly as I started to weaken the hug bu the figure just gave me another squeeze.

"I love you so much y/n!" The figure said giving me small kisses on my head.

I took a deep breath and let go of the figure, "You're not real."

"What?" The figure's smile faded.

"You're. Not. Real..." I started to trail.

"I am 100% real, how could you think of such a thing my love?" The figure looked offended.

"You're..not..real." I said before getting the courage to grow flames from my palms and throw them around the room until I could finally see around me.

I turned back to the figure, or the clone of my mom, but there was nothing. There was no burned remains, not even puddles or a sign of ash. It was like she had truly disappeared, maybe she was ghost? It didn't explain me seeing Mirabel, Camilo and Carlos. Whatever it was, my thoughts had to stop wandering and I h had to focus on getting cure. If Mirabel really was the mastermind, the villain, behind this madness, I needed to do something quickly.

I looked around the room until I found a chest with a lock that appeared to be made of pure gold.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself as I looked around the room to find a key or something to help pry the chest open. But instead I found nothing besides the flames that surrounded the room.

I decided I had to take the long and patient way and use fire to melt the gold, it was the only way. Considering the true villain behind all this knew what they were doing.

I started to shoot a blaze of fire from my hand to the lock, I tried to feel angry because sort of like Pepa's gift, when I was angry my flames would be bigger and hotter and if I was sad they would be weak and probably feel less warm.

As soon as I heard the lock drop to the wooden floor, I quickly stopped the flame and splashed some water over the chest so I didn't end up burning myself before opening the chest. Inside I found a scroll that was wrapped in a gold ribbon.

I waved down my hand to make the flames less aggressive as they started to grow larger and larger quicker than expected.

I looked at the scroll in admiration before opening it up :

Vela Oscura Cure :

Make special cookie

I knew Alma already had the recipe for the special cookie, I just didn't know if she even had the ability to cook or bake.

Grab pollen from midnight flower

"Midnight flower?" I murmured to myself as I tried to think, Midnight flower? And that's when I had my light bulb moment. The Midnight flower! I've read about it before in the library. It's an incredibly rare flower that came once every full moon, the thing that made the flower incredibly rare was that it was on the peak of the Encanto mountains. Some people believe in the flower, but they don't necessarily believe in Encanto which prevents them from finding them.

Sprinkle the pollen onto the candle and blow it, creating a sparkly mist before everyone passes out and gets back to normal

I rolled the scroll back up and tied it up with the same yellow ribbon it came with. With one gesture of my hand, the flames quickly died out as I twisted the door knob, it opened! Which meant..I just faced my biggest fear. Or was it?

I quickly went into the hall to see Carlos still on the floor.

I got down on my knees and looked at his leg, "Alright Carlos we need to leave quickly." I said hurriedly.

"Oh my gosh y/n, are you alright?" Carlos said worriedly.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine. Try to get up!" I commanded as I put his hand over my shoulder. I brought him to the kitchen dining table and quickly sat him down on a chair.

I snuck passed the sleeping clone that slept in the same place it slept last night, on front of the fire place on the couch.

I opened the door looking at Camilo who was looking at the wall in front of him, daydreaming about something else.

I grabbed his hand before he could even open his mouth and I took my grandmother and ran out the door.

"Y/n! What about Mirabel? We can't leave without her!" Camilo shouted.

"Trust me, we'll see her soon. But we have to go now." I said before taking his hand.

"Want to tell us what's happening first?" Carlos asked.

I looked at him, "I'll tell you when we have time!" I said starting to look around the village. I needed to get these three to safety before they got killed by someone or worse, Mirabel.

"No y/n! Just tell us now!" My grandmother said stubbornly.

"I can tell you." I heard a girl's voice say behind me.

I turned around as I looked at Mirabel with a smirk, she held up a floating ball of sand.

"Mirabel." I nodded.

"Y/n." She nodded back, "I see you've figured out my secret."

"Yeah, that you're actually the mastermind? I'm sure you did that on purpose, otherwise you wouldn't have given me those illusions." I smirked, walking closer to her.

Yup, illusions. That was Mirabel's hidden power no one had knew. Why did Morabel have them, how did she get them, where are they from? It was quite easy to figure out after all the shape shifting end the different scenery and sand. It was the perfect explanation.

"Would you like to see something that isn't an illusion?" Mirabel smirked.

I thought about it, "Oh did you get a gift for me? You're so thoughtful." I smiled sarcastically as Mirabel brought her hand behind her and stepped aside for me to look at 4 people in a human cage. 1 woman, 1 man and 2 teenaged boys.

This wasn't just at random family...this was my family!

Sorry if I made a mistake, I'm not going to edit this tonight. I almost fell asleep writing this chapter 3 times! Enjoy this chapter :)  I'll try to edit the chapter tomorrow!